Started by Matt Ottosen, June 11, 2009, 11:54:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Matt Ottosen

Date: June 27
Meeting Location: TBD
Time: TBD

http://www.planesoffame.com/pressreleases.php?ID=98

High Country Warbirds Fly-In is the Planes of Fame Museum's yearly Airshow at the Valle Facility.
Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

The Legend of the Guardian of the Line
The Greek God "Linus" comes from the Greek name Λινος (Linos) meaning "leg."
In Greek legend, he was the son of the God Apollo who was accidentally killed when he stepped over the white line.

All images © Matt Ottosen | Ottosen Photography, all rights reserved.

leaky_tiki

So far Matt and Joe and riding with me.  That leaves room for one more.  Where do we want to meet up?

Boyd Coleman
Phoenix, AZ

All images © Boyd Coleman, all rights reserved.

Matt Ottosen

Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

In Greek legend, he was the son of the God Apollo who was accidentally killed when he stepped over the white line.

Dave S.

Matt and all, what are your travel plans for this show?  My wife will be out of town, so I'm going to see about taking my daughter up for the show.  You guys headed up Friday night, early Saturday morning...?

Dave S.
Constructive Comments & Critiques are always welcomed
All images © David Shields, all rights reserved
www.roxphotography.com
Some Canon bodies and lenses

Matt Ottosen

Quote from: Dave S. on June 14, 2009, 02:03:09 PM
What are your travel plans for this show?  You guys headed up Friday night, early Saturday morning...?

The three of us haven't really talked about it, but I would assume our plans are for early Saturday morning.
Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

Joe Copalman

In my case, it'll have to be early Saturday.  I figure if we're on the road by 0500, we should get up there in time to catch a lot of the morning arrivals.
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Matt Ottosen

Quote from: Joe Copalman on June 15, 2009, 08:53:38 PM
In my case, it'll have to be early Saturday.  I figure if we're on the road by 0500, we should get up there in time to catch a lot of the morning arrivals.

0500 works for me too!  It would be great to catch some morning arrivals.  Maybe we should email Planes of Fame to see if we can get some kind of early access.
Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

Joe Copalman

Matt, I was going to call them tomorrow and see if I can get a tentative list of who is confirmed to show.  Even though they don't have a press release posted yet, I'm sure they have an idea of who'll show.  I'll let 'em know we're coming up as a group and ask if there's a good spot to catch arrivals from, as I am totally unfamiliar with that airport. 

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

leaky_tiki

Quote from: Matt Ottosen on June 12, 2009, 12:27:02 PM
Quote from: leaky_tiki on June 12, 2009, 12:04:42 AM
Where do we want to meet up?

Where are you in the Valley?

I'm roughly Dunlap and Central.  I can either meet you guys at Matt's house, or we can meet at a hotel along I-17 and carpool from there.  Either way, the earlier the better is probably good.  0500 works for me.

Boyd Coleman
Phoenix, AZ

All images © Boyd Coleman, all rights reserved.

wingsnstuff

Thanks for the feedback Matt.  I will stand by for your confirmation of time and meeting location at Valle Airport. 

Joe Copalman

Hmm.  Meeting at Matt's would be backtracking.  How about I pick Matt up on the way, we leave my car at your place in beautiful Sunnyslope, then just cruise down Dunlap to the 17 and make our way north from there? 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Joe Copalman

Awright.

I just spoke w/Sharon at Planes of Fame Valle, and here's what she was able to confirm:

-P-51
-P-40
-B-25
-Stearman(s)
-Ford Trimotor

That's all she knows at this point.

I asked about arrivals, and she said most everything will be flying in on the evening of the 26th.  Might still be worth it to get up there early on Saturday morning in case there are stragglers.  Aircraft will start taking paid riders at 10am.  I think we should call again prior to the 27th to see if we can get out on the ramp a bit earlier than that.

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Dave S.

Joe,

Do you happen to know if all the aircraft you've listed will be taking paid riders (and therefore flying), or just a few of them?

Dave

Constructive Comments & Critiques are always welcomed
All images © David Shields, all rights reserved
www.roxphotography.com
Some Canon bodies and lenses

Joe Copalman

Dave, I do not know.  I'm assuming it'll be a mix - guys flying in to show off their toys and others taking up riders.  I can find out though.

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Matt Ottosen

Quote from: Joe Copalman on June 16, 2009, 03:37:30 PM
Might still be worth it to get up there early on Saturday morning.

Do you still want to leave Phoenix at 0500?  I'm still good with that.
Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ