News:

In Memory of Jay Beckmam
1961 - 2023

Main Menu

Flight training

Started by F-16_fixer, March 30, 2010, 05:59:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

F-16_fixer

So do any of you have a hookup for some flight training?  I'd love to get my private license and I'm finally in a financial position to do so.  I know most of you are in Phoenix and I'm in Tucson but in case you know anyone that is good or can give a good deal let me know. 
-Chris-

Stephen Marshall

Only place I know is El Tiro and they only offer Glider flights.

Try a google search? I know there has to be one or two in Tucson.

Good luck to you! I plan on getting my Glider licence over the summer if I can get some money together.
-- I'm Stephen Marshall and I approve this message.  |   Visit my Flickr.

Paul Dumm

Chris try TAC up at Marana KAVQ (Avra Valley)
Close to tucson.
http://www.tucsonaero.com/
"You don't become a professional simply by earning certificates, adding ratings, or getting a paycheck for flying. Rather, professionalism is a mindset. It comes from having the attitude, the ethics, and the discipline to do the right thing — every time, all the time, regardless of who's watching."

Jay Beckman

Be sure to check bulletin boards at muni airports as well.  There are a lot of independant instructors out there who either have a 172 or Warrior in which they teach or have access to aircraft for instruction.

They can often be cheaper because they don't have Flight School or FBO overhead to feed.
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com
Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

F-16_fixer

Quote from: FlyingPhotog on March 31, 2010, 12:23:03 PM
Be sure to check bulletin boards at muni airports as well.  There are a lot of independant instructors out there who either have a 172 or Warrior in which they teach or have access to aircraft for instruction.

They can often be cheaper because they don't have Flight School or FBO overhead to feed.

This is what I was kind of hoping to find.  I have a crazy schedule sometimes and can't do set class times.
-Chris-

Jay Beckman

Quote from: F-16_fixer on March 31, 2010, 04:13:31 PM
This is what I was kind of hoping to find.  I have a crazy schedule sometimes and can't do set class times.

Be sure you carefully check what kind of ground school is available.  One advantage to Part 141 schools is a structured sylabus via either the Cessna Pilot course (King Schools) or Jeppesen.  If you end up doing a self-paced ground school, I'd suggest you look at the Sporty's Private Pilot course.  The animations and technology behind their stuff is superior (or at least it was when I was taking lessons) to the John and Martha King Cessna course (which is what I actually used since where I trained was a Cessna Pilot Center.)
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com
Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.