James "JSlugman" O'Rear
Yokota AFB, Japan RJTY

Author of "Aviation Photography- A Pictorial Guide"

bilwor

Do you clean your lens this way????? :o
bill word
Tucson, AZ

BillOz

I do something pretty close to that, but I use Comet cleanser, and a wire brush, for the stubborn grime.  I do the same with my camera sensor, since I already have the lens off to clean.
Do not try this with Nikon lenses, they will melt.
Bill Osmun
www.afterburnerphoto.com       www.wideworldofaviation.com

bilwor

Since I am a Canon user I will go one better and put my equipment in the dishwasher and use no spot soap. I do plan on removing lens from body before starting.  No future report will be made on the results.
bill word
Tucson, AZ

Chris V

This works much better for me,  before I was setting them on the driveway and using the power washer.

cpasley

LOL you guys are hillarious ,I saved and saved for so long to buy my camera and lens that when I saw a hair in my viewfinder while shooting at Yuma I almost had a panic attack ,luckily it seemed to be in the viewfinder itself but was a nice way of giving me a heart attack..............

Stephen Marshall

I just put mine in the washing machine when I do laundry. Dryer does well also, the static charge keeps the dust away for months.
-- I'm Stephen Marshall and I approve this message.  |   Visit my Flickr.

jslugman

Wiping coffee off of my desk ATM......... was in my mouth just a second ago (my secret solution from a razor-sharp sensor cleaner).
James "JSlugman" O'Rear
Yokota AFB, Japan RJTY

Author of "Aviation Photography- A Pictorial Guide"