This Saturday I'll be in Phoenix

Started by F-16_fixer, February 22, 2010, 04:37:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

F-16_fixer

My wife is going to go to Phoenix with her friend for a full day of shopping....yay...not.  Anyway I was going to drop them off and see about checking out the airport or something to kill time.  Anybody up for meeting me and showing me around the local aviation hotspots?
-Chris-

redsox223

I might be around for some watching at Sky Harbor. On a saturday, I would say the most action is around 11-130ish, then things slow down until the evening rush. Depending on the winds, there is a nice spot thats free and then terminal garages are always nice, albeit a 4$ per hour fee.

F-16_fixer

-Chris-

Stephen Marshall

Let me know If you go to Willie. Wouldn't mind meeting some of the members here myself.
-- I'm Stephen Marshall and I approve this message.  |   Visit my Flickr.

Joe Copalman

I was thinking about Scottsdale on Sunday, but now I'm leaning toward Saturday at Willie, depending on what shows up Friday.
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Stephen Marshall

Past few weekends have been very exciting. I don't know if they can keep it up  ;)
-- I'm Stephen Marshall and I approve this message.  |   Visit my Flickr.

F-16_fixer

Well I got me a new lens and I'm ready to break it in  8)  I'd like to check out this Willie place I keep hearing about.
-Chris-

Jay Beckman

I might be able to pop over to Willie for a bit on Saturday.

Can't hang out forever though 'cause I have a workshop to attend on Sunday out at Ben Avery.
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com
Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Rob Silliman

I can make something in the afternoon (my morning is booked).  Hopefully the weather will cooperate.....

redsox223

Unless something special is due in to PHX, i might be tempted to join everyone else at Willie.

cessna1977

I am new to this site and would enjoy meeting up this sat also, I am taking a photo class in college and chose Aircraft as my consentration and I am looking for great areas around Phx to take photos.

Andy

F-16_fixer

So what would be a good time to setup this meeting?  I need to figure out what time to leave the house and drop the woman off.
-Chris-

Jay Beckman

Quote from: F-16_fixer on February 24, 2010, 04:11:17 PM
So what would be a good time to setup this meeting?  I need to figure out what time to leave the house and drop the woman off.

Your schedule is pretty much dictated by what time the mall opens isn't it?  ;D
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com
Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Joe Copalman

Light at Willie doesn't get good until noon-ish, so I'd backwards-plan from there.  If you show up earlier, you can always hit up PHX - the light is great from 40th street in the morning, the glare monster starts attacking around noon.
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

F-16_fixer

I won't be up there until about 11:30 at the earliest.  She has a spa appointment from 8-10 and it's an hour and a half drive from there plus I have to drop them off in Scottsdale.  How far from Scottsdale is Willie?
-Chris-