News:

15th Anniversary | 2009 - 2024
15 Years | Over 30 MILLION Page Views

Main Menu

Suggestion: "For Sale" .. "Want To Buy" Boards

Started by Jay Beckman, February 20, 2010, 09:59:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay Beckman

There must be others here with gear they'd like to sell and/or something they're looking for so how 'bout it oh mighty Mods?

With the Caveat that AzAP, its Owner(s) and Management take no responsibility of any kind for the Good or Bad outcome of a deal.

The board would mearly serve as a vehicle for informing others that you are looking to sell.

Perhaps impose a minimum membership period before being allowed to use it?
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com
Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

F-16_fixer

I was just about to ask if there was a classifieds section on here haha.  I am always in the mood to buy stuff.
-Chris-

Paul Dumm

I'm always up for getting or selling 'new' stuff, but it should be members only.
"You don't become a professional simply by earning certificates, adding ratings, or getting a paycheck for flying. Rather, professionalism is a mindset. It comes from having the attitude, the ethics, and the discipline to do the right thing — every time, all the time, regardless of who's watching."

Jay Beckman

Quote from: Paul Dumm on February 21, 2010, 08:41:07 AM
I'm always up for getting or selling 'new' stuff, but it should be members only.

Excellent Suggestion...
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com

John S

On Nikoncafe you need to have I think 25 posts, but they have to be of some substance, not 25 "Nice shot".  You can't even see the thread until the minimum is met. Just an idea.

Jay Beckman

Just some further fodder...

POTN is considering limiting access to their Buy/Sell areas entirely (can't even read them) until a certain number of posts is reached.  They have had a problem from time to time with people trolling those forums and private messaging people with posts in the Want To Buy, offering something, eliciting payments and then not sending the offered item.
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com

Chris V

Quote from: FlyingPhotog on March 01, 2010, 01:56:10 AM
Just some further fodder...

POTN is considering limiting access to their Buy/Sell areas entirely (can't even read them) until a certain number of posts is reached.  They have had a problem from time to time with people trolling those forums and private messaging people with posts in the Want To Buy, offering something, eliciting payments and then not sending the offered item.

Yeah I got screwed on a group buy over there years ago on some Peleng lens. I even had the cops go by the guys house but he had bailed already. So needless to say I only buy from someone with a good rep or that I know.

Dave S.

Just so everyone knows, we're working on something to address this subject.  Please continue to post your comments and suggestions, they are being listened to.

Thanks,
Dave
Constructive Comments & Critiques are always welcomed
All images © David Shields, all rights reserved
www.roxphotography.com
Some Canon bodies and lenses