Lockheed C-130 Hercules

Started by Matt Ottosen, June 18, 2009, 05:46:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cpasley

Can someone perhaps help me with the bureau number for this bird

KC-130J Hercules VMGR-352 QB 7984 by Chris Pasley, on Flickr

Joe Copalman

Just put a "16" in front of it.  You can actually see the full BuNo in the full-size version on Flickr, it's on the side of the fuselage just under the tail.
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

cpasley

Wow how did I miss that, too much trying to google I guess, thanks Joe

Daniel DeSart

I am trying something new, both on cropping and editing.

Jeff D. Welker

Danger - Propeller - Danger
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Scott Youmans

Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Tower Guy

Scott Youmans

KC-130J
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Daniel DeSart

Brian Lockett

Wyoming Air National Guard Lockheed C-130H Hercules 92-1536 at Edwards AFB on September 20.

Jeff D. Welker

Terrific shot of the Herc Harvey. You did a great job on the panning and getting a nice prop disc on those four engines. Is this the new 300 f/2.8L glass earning its keep  ;D

Small side note, it appears you need to adjust/level your image just a tad.
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Tower Guy

Thanks for the comments Jeff.  I run into this problem a lot due to the angle that I'm shooting from, I try to counter it with the camera as I'm shooting.  But with a moving target I want to make sure of subject  focus and centering also.  My problem is that since I only use IPhoto in my Mac for processing, as soon as you try to straighten a picture you loose sharp focus, in either direction.  Will a program like Lightroom or Photoshop allow me to do this without ruining the focus. I have a significant number of photos that could use this fix.  Any advice would be appreciated.  Thanks,  Harvey

Jeff D. Welker

Quote from: Tower Guy on October 06, 2012, 10:24:07 AM
Thanks for the comments Jeff.  I run into this problem a lot due to the angle that I'm shooting from, I try to counter it with the camera as I'm shooting.  But with a moving target I want to make sure of subject  focus and centering also.  My problem is that since I only use IPhoto in my Mac for processing, as soon as you try to straighten a picture you loose sharp focus, in either direction.  Will a program like Lightroom or Photoshop allow me to do this without ruining the focus. I have a significant number of photos that could use this fix.  Any advice would be appreciated.  Thanks,  Harvey

Lightroom will let you recrop and correct horizontal/vertical issues with ease. You don't need photoshop for that. You should download a trail version of LR4 for free and try it. I think you will like it for 90% of all your image editing work.
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Tower Guy

Thanks for the advice Jeff, I've been meaning to try something more than Iphoto for sometime now.