Anybody have a really good scanner?

Started by Joe Copalman, January 29, 2010, 09:03:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Copalman

I had an ad agency approach me regarding use of a photo of me and they would like a higher-res version of the image than the one I have.  The scanner on our HP all-in-one unit really leaves much to be desired, so I was hoping someone out there with a really nice scanner could help me out with a better scan of this image.  East side preferred, but not required.  Lunch will be on me.
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Dave S.

Joe,

Another avenue might be having Tempe Camera's lab scan it for you, if no one has a scanner.  As a bonus, TCR is soooooo close to PHX...

Just a thought.
Constructive Comments & Critiques are always welcomed
All images © David Shields, all rights reserved
www.roxphotography.com
Some Canon bodies and lenses

BillOz

Is this the yearbook photo they want.  What are they advertising, I ain't buying it.

But,
If your not offended by my comments, I do have a scanner.  Is it good enough?  Would have to test the photo for you.  I'll do it, no charge, until you hit the big time ads, then I'll take a percentage.

Bill
Bill Osmun
www.afterburnerphoto.com       www.wideworldofaviation.com

Joe Copalman

Quote from: BillOz on January 29, 2010, 11:03:11 AM
Is this the yearbook photo they want.  What are they advertising, I ain't buying it.
Bill

LOL Bill.  Yes, it is that God-awful yearbook photo.  It's for a photo studio back east, I can only assume it is going to be for a "don't let this happen to you" style ad. 

You gonna be out at Willie tonight? 

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Jay Beckman

Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com
Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

BillOz

I'll be there after work, for a while, about 4:30.  Let me know (text, voicemail) when you can be there, I should be able to stick around or be back.
Bill Osmun
www.afterburnerphoto.com       www.wideworldofaviation.com

Joe Copalman

Jay, it's an 8x10 print.  In pretty sorry shape too - a few scratches and crease-marks - lots of dust on the original scan I did several years ago.  You can few a full-size version here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24526864@N03/3097558358/sizes/o/

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Jay Beckman

Nice...  :D

I do have a 35mm scanner (Nikon V ED) if anyone ever needs a slide or a neg scanned.

Output end ups being about a 48Mb file.
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com
Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.