McDonnell-Douglas AV-8B Harrier II

Started by Joe Copalman, June 18, 2009, 04:55:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Copalman

Even the pitot tubes are dead-nuts centered between the F-35's tails.
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Scott Youmans

Thanks everyone for the many generous and humorous comments.  In regard to the perfect alignment I have to credit at least some luck to that.  The only time those two guys were aligned was in passing from being off on one side or the other.  No fault of their own, I understand the KC-130 was not exactly flying real steadily.

There are so many things that have to come together for an event of this kind that it's surprising when it finally does happen.  I would have preferred late afternoon light but they didn't ask for my input on the schedule!  I have no complaints whatsoever about how the shots came out but I look at some images by others in the group, Jay's recent and stunning T-38 is a good example, and I know I still have room for improvement!  So Harvey, I'm not going to quit yet.  Still need some shots in better light!
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Dave S.

Quote from: Joe Copalman on November 04, 2013, 04:13:50 PM
Even the pitot tubes are dead-nuts centered between the F-35's tails.

...and the CBUs between the contrails too...

Breathtaking Scott, just breathtaking.
Constructive Comments & Critiques are always welcomed
All images © David Shields, all rights reserved
www.roxphotography.com
Some Canon bodies and lenses

Jason Hyatt

The Department of Redundancy Department called and wanted to tell Mr. Youmans that this is one of the most breathtaking photos they have ever seen! Scott, I know I echo the rest of the group's replies to your photo, but it truly is captivating. Not to mention thought-provoking and beautiful. Thank you for being an inspiration and thank you for sharing such a wonderful image.

This entire group continues to raise the bar and it is a hell of a treat to watch.
All images are © Jason Hyatt and may not be used without consent

"When one engine fails on a twin engine aircraft, you always have enough power to get you to the crash site." - Unknown

Scott Youmans

Thank you very much gents.  I'm just relieved the flight finally happened after the nine month roller coaster ride leading up to it.
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Scott Youmans

VMA-331 Killer Bees AV-8B - Schenectady County Airport, Scotia, NY - August 2, 1991, another scan of an old slide.
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Scott Youmans

VMA-211 Harrier 01 (BuNo 164553)
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Jeff D. Welker

Scott; what can I say? Terrific, wonderful, erotic, sublime, etc. None of the usual descriptives work. Instead, I choose to call you "Del tha Funkeé Homosapien". Yes, yes that works nicely  ;D
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Joe Copalman

This is like the third or fourth shot you've posted that has me convinced I was asleep for most of this flight.  Guess I was shooting something else or swapping cards or something at the time.  Solid shot.
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Scott Youmans

Joe Copalman on the far left during a period of consciousness.
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Scott Youmans

Thanks guys!

Jeff, I've been called a lot of things but never "Del tha Funkeé Homosapien".  I am honored.....I think!
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Scott Youmans

Going back a few years to 2008.  VMA-311 AV-8B with markings from USS Peleliu.
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved