PASM Night Shoot, Saturday, Feb 2nd, 2019

Started by Anna M. Wood, February 03, 2019, 05:03:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anna M. Wood

Thank you to everyone that came out last night for the shoot.  

There were eight of us who made the trek to PASM.

John B
Joe C
Rob S
Brian C
Kevin C
Anna W
Craig Swancy (guest of Anna)
Gary Edwards (guest of Anna)

We lucked out with superb weather.  Just the right amount of photogenic cloud cover, a pretty nice sunset and great temps.

It has been fun to watch everyone's skills/techniques, at night, at PASM develop and grow.   I saw some great stuff on the back of everyone's cameras.

Looking forward to seeing what gets posted up here on the forum.

Thank you to Pima Air and Space Museum and John Bezosky for hosting us. Always one of the highlights of my year.

Joe Copalman

GOLDEN OLDIE

After John and I were commiserating about squandering blue-hour opportunities on previous night shoots, I was determined to not let the blue hour go to waste. 

HUNGRY FOR VIETNAMESE

PASM's F-105G, craving an SA-2 site for a midnight snack. 
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

John B.

Thanks to everyone who came out to shoot on Saturday night.  It turned out to be a good night for us as we had no rain and it stayed fairly warm on the museum grounds for the entire evening. 

Nice work, Joe!  I look forward to seeing more and I can't wait to see how we all did for the night.

Joe Copalman

Thanks John, and thanks for having us out there.  Always a great time.  Can't wait to see everyone's stuff myself.  Anna's Mohawk, both Brian's and Rob's attempts on the Harrier line-up, the team efforts on the B-36 and B-58 . . .

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

scottcolbath

Good stuff Joe.

I don't know how these always end up being a bad time for me to participate. I have been wanting to spend a weekend down in Tucson for a long time, yet it's not come together.

Hopefully it does sooner, rather than later.

S.C.

Anna M. Wood

Our Playground Awaits

Gary Edwards, Craig Swancy and myself, scoping out our opportunities.

Joe Copalman

THREE-WAR VETERAN

Weird effect on the tips of the props.  Initially I thought I had overcooked it in Viveza, but when I went back to the original, it was still there, so I'm guessing that's an effective native to the Lensbaby.

SKYSCRAPER

Double dork-job on this one.  Shot it with a gimmicky Lensbaby lens, then processed it in AnalogEfx. 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Brian Corbett

Much thanks to John for allowing us to play yet again!

Hi Ho! Hi Ho!

Le Magnifique
Dear lord... I think I've found a new favorite plane at PASM! The Etendard is downright beautiful!

Do Ya Feel Lucky, Punk?

Pretty Birdie
No color correction on this one... that's the sunset we had!
"My center is giving way, my right is in retreat, situation excellent. I attack."  --Marshall Foch, September, 1914, Battle of the Marne.

Inverted Sky Images

Brian Corbett

Dreamsicle

Snowbird

M is for Menacing

'Murica

Ye Olde Birds
My attempt at a single shot of all the British Harriers. Not bad, I guess. Looking forward to seeing Rob's!
"My center is giving way, my right is in retreat, situation excellent. I attack."  --Marshall Foch, September, 1914, Battle of the Marne.

Inverted Sky Images

Joe Copalman

Solid sets. Brian.  I'm impressed with that BUFF shot - lighting up a dark subject in cool colors can be tricky, but it totally works in that shot. 

And that LC-130 is near the top of my restoration dream sheet.  That'd look so good in new paint with bright colors. 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Joe Copalman

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Brian Corbett

Thank you Joe! I gotta admit... However gimmicky that Lensbaby is, you take some great shots with it!

To The Heavens

Skypainter

Inverted Sky Images

Joe Copalman

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Joe Copalman

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Joe Copalman

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ