2018 MCAS Yuma Airshow

Started by Joe Copalman, March 18, 2018, 03:14:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Copalman

Were you at the show, Paul?  I thought I saw you there, and I said to Jay, "I think I just saw Paul Larson," but then when I turned back around, you (or a guy who looked like you) were gone.

Great shot of the bananouflage Sniper.
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Paul Larson

Thank you Joe for the  compliment on the bananouflage Sniper. Yes, we were at the MCAS Airshow. There were so many people there that just trying to stand in a spot for a couple of seconds was a challenge.  It would have been great to see you and Jay both. But. being in such a huge crowd, the most important thing for all of us was taking up our positions for getting the best photos we could get. From what I have seen of your and Jay's incredible photography, you both nailed it.

Mike Margolis

Great shots of the Yuma airshow guys!!
I was working on the house - but did step out to the backyard to grab a couple shots.
Not the most amazing photo by any measure, but not a bad view from home...
Yuma airshow 2018 backyard Patriots - March 16, 2018 - _79A7936 by Mike Margolis, on Flickr
"Could be worse... Could be raining."

wingsnstuff

I love backyard shots.  When I lived in Virginia, my house was on the approach to Dulles International.  Around 4 pm daily, the big jets from Europe and the Middle East would start their descent into IAD.  Just walked out on the patio and started shooting.  Lots of opportunity but results were not always up to par.  Your shot however, is very nice.  I assume that this was the Patriots.  Nicely done Mike.

wingsnstuff

Excellent capture Paul!  Red 7 has an awesome paint scheme.