News:

In Memory of Jay Beckmam
1961 - 2023

Main Menu

Luke Days 2018 - changes

Started by Chris Kennedy, January 16, 2018, 07:48:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Copalman

Damn, very impressive haul of images so far.

Chris, I'm loving that F-35 shot - you can actually see a bend in the burner cone from the pilot initiating a climb.  Such a cool detail!
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

John S

Quote from: scottcolbath on March 18, 2018, 08:57:49 PM
Of all the trips to El Centro, I don't think I've ever nailed the knife pass shot this well. And by "well", I mean, for me.  ;D

I have a ton of pics to go through, but I thought this one was worth a first look. More to do tomorrow.

S.C.

Great shot Scott.  They repeatedly practiced that on Thursday, I was too far away to get a shot of it.

Chris Janes

QuoteDamn, very impressive haul of images so far.

Chris, I'm loving that F-35 shot - you can actually see a bend in the burner cone from the pilot initiating a climb.  Such a cool detail!

Joe,
Thank you and I also have to agree, some pretty awesome shots posted already. I think for a change I left the show with more keepers than ones going in the trash.

Joe Copalman

Quote from: Chris Janes on March 19, 2018, 07:44:39 PM
Joe,
Thank you and I also have to agree, some pretty awesome shots posted already. I think for a change I left the show with more keepers than ones going in the trash.

That's awesome!  I had the opposite experience at Yuma this year, mostly because of heat haze and some gear problems (apparently my 7Dii and my 100-400 Mk I are having some communication issues, looks like they need some counseling). 
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

scottcolbath

A couple more.

Waaaasuuup!!??

Have to toss this one in there. It's my girlfriend's dad. He was a 20+ year man, and spent a good deal of that at Luke, out on the flight line working on avionics.

S.C.

Ross Dinsdale

Cockpits: A Series

Turd Ferguson
Las Vegas, Nevada
Comments and Critique are always welcome.

"Chair Juggling Extraordinaire"

Ned Harris

Ned Harris
Tucson, Arizona

Anna M. Wood

Ross Dinsdale

Thank you Ned and Anna.  Took me a few days to figure out how I wanted to present these photos.  Attacking the statics with Dr. Navarro was the highlight of my show experience.  All the time spent at PASM truly helps seeing the creative possibilities.
Turd Ferguson
Las Vegas, Nevada
Comments and Critique are always welcome.

"Chair Juggling Extraordinaire"