News:

15th Anniversary | 2009 - 2024
15 Years | Over 30 MILLION Page Views

Main Menu

Pima Air and Space Museum, Tucson, AZ

Started by Joe Copalman, June 18, 2009, 02:06:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff D. Welker

^^^^^ Nice work Harvey. I really like the amber reflection bifurcating the fuselage.
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Tower Guy

Thank you Jeff, we get lots of visitors to this site, are you sure you should use "bifurcating" in a sentence?  ;)

Jeff D. Welker

Quote from: Tower Guy on April 13, 2014, 01:12:33 PM
Thank you Jeff, we get lots of visitors to this site, are you sure you should use "bifurcating" in a sentence?  ;)

Hey, I try to learn one new "big word" a year and use it in a sentence. Usually, I don't get that accomplished until October  ;D
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Joe Copalman

"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

John B.

Jeff D. Welker

Quote from: John B. on May 07, 2014, 08:57:05 AM
Just a few images of recent museum happenings:

Thanks so much for sharing John. The Hawker Siddeley looks terrific. I am planning a "day time" visit as soon as the monsoon gets going.
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

John B.

Let me know when you drop in, Jeff!

The Shenyang J-6 is looking better now:

Shenyang J-6 par John Bezosky Jr., on ipernity

John B.

Jeff D. Welker

GANNET REVISITED

To quote an old whaling captain; "He tasks me; he heaps me". Working on this image has been challenging. I've been trying to find the proper balance between the last warm rays of light and the cool hues of evening.
I also wanted to maintain the illusion of the Gannet disappearing into the darkness of night. While I've reached a point where I'm sufficiently satisfied to post, I'm sure more work will be forthcoming
;)
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Scott Youmans

This is a fantastic image Jeff.  I've never been fully satisfied with any of the Gannet photos I've taken there.  Really like the softness of the light and the texture of the aging paint and coatings.  Some really beautiful subtle hues.  Great dreamlike mood.
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Jeff D. Welker

Quote from: Scott Youmans on May 14, 2014, 10:56:47 PM
This is a fantastic image Jeff.  I've never been fully satisfied with any of the Gannet photos I've taken there.  Really like the softness of the light and the texture of the aging paint and coatings.  Some really beautiful subtle hues.  Great dreamlike mood.

Thanks Scott. As I said, this image will continue to get my attention - I'm just not "there" yet.
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Tower Guy

WOW. This photo just draws you in. I must have looked over it for several minutes, then moved on and came back to it again. Maybe your not quite satisfied with it Jeff, but I can't think of much you can do to improve it. It's aviation artwork! Outstanding treatment and beautiful photograph.

John B.

I love every version of the Gannet image that I have seen so far, Jeff.  Your image does a lot for that rough looking airframe!

Another one of our Harriers and our Kestrel...

Birds of a Feather par John Bezosky Jr., on ipernity

Jeff D. Welker

Quote from: Tower Guy on May 15, 2014, 08:13:59 AM
WOW. This photo just draws you in. I must have looked over it for several minutes, then moved on and came back to it again. Maybe your not quite satisfied with it Jeff, but I can't think of much you can do to improve it. It's aviation artwork! Outstanding treatment and beautiful photograph.

Quote from: John B. on May 15, 2014, 08:53:27 AM
I love every version of the Gannet image that I have seen so far, Jeff.  Your image does a lot for that rough looking airframe!

Thanks Harvey and John. I don't know how long it will take me to get "there" with the Gannet. Heck, I may need to revisit the entire composition again during another visit. I really like that airplane and the possibilities that I see in photographing it  ;D
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Scott Youmans

Storm Clouds Gathering
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved