15th Anniversary | 2009 - 2024
15 Years | Over 30 MILLION Page Views

Main Menu

Pima Air and Space Museum, Tucson, AZ

Started by Joe Copalman, June 18, 2009, 02:06:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Copalman

"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

MuseumAndy

Here is the latest art plane to go on display at the museum as part of the Boneyard Project: Return Trip. "Back to Supersonica" by artist Kenny Scharf

IMG_4030

IMG_4032

Jeff D. Welker

^^^^^ Very cool Andrew, thanks for sharing.
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Joe Copalman

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Tower Guy

Scott Youmans

P-80 - August 2011.
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Scott Youmans

Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Joe Copalman

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Jeff D. Welker

Messrs. Youmans - I always enjoy the dark and brooding images you've captured at PASM over the years. Assuming it is during the monsoon that you're getting these great angry cloud formations, they make for great b&w conversions. Well done sir.
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Scott Youmans

Thank you very much both Joe and Jeff.  Both of those were photos were taken during August 2011.  Since I couldn't make it to Pima for the night shoot I thought I'd drag my net through some old folders of photos taken there. In the case of the F-80 I was going for that aluminum skin appreciation look. Joe has a nice shot on the PASM night thread of two vertical stabs that I really like but failed to comment on in a timely fashion.  Love those bare aluminum aircraft skins. I'll miss aluminum aircraft.  The monsoon is hands down my favorite time to shoot there or just about anywhere for that matter.
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Joe Copalman

One great thing about this night shoot was that the orange glow on the horizon could be captured far longer in the reflections on the skin of a few aircraft than it could with the naked eye, and longer exposures only amplified it.  I didn't notice it during the previous two night shoots the way I did during this one.  Definitely something to look into next time around. 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ