Pima Air and Space Museum, Tucson, AZ

Started by Joe Copalman, June 18, 2009, 02:06:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

azspyder

MuseumAndy

Cockpit of the Avro AEW.2 Shackleton "Mr. McHenry"

IMG_7229

MuseumAndy

Mission Crew stations in the Avro AEW.2 Shackleton.

IMG_7213

Barry Griffiths

That's a great "cold war" era shot, Andy.
Barry Griffiths
Tucson, Arizona & Waterloo, Ontario

MuseumAndy

Thanks guys, the Shack really is a bit of a time capsule.

Jay Beckman

Would almost like to see the interior of the "Shack" removed from the aircraft and brought indoors (maybe put it in a simple metal tube of approx the same diameter as the fuselage) so visitors can better appreciate the Cold War tech that was used.
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com
Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Joe Copalman

Quote from: Jay Beckman on September 16, 2013, 09:16:02 AM
Would almost like to see the interior of the "Shack" removed from the aircraft and brought indoors (maybe put it in a simple metal tube of approx the same diameter as the fuselage) so visitors can better appreciate the Cold War tech that was used.

That's actually a really cool idea.  There are quite a few aircraft at PASM with interesting "guts," like the EC-135 and EC-121, where it would be cool to see what the actual workstations looked like.  I'd imagine that removing these from the aircraft would be pretty difficult, not to mention costly though.  Still a great idea.
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Joe Copalman

DEVIL DUCK

I have walked past this aircraft countless times without giving a second thought to shooting it.  Really trying to wrap my head around what kept me from shooting it, as it is incredibly photogenic, and an excellent candidate for the fisheye treatment.

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Joe Copalman

COMMAND PRESENCE

I can't decide if this would have been the best or the worst aircraft to crank-call Leonid Brezhnev from. 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Tower Guy

Rob Silliman

Joe Copalman

"Hustler" is one of those words that is really fun to say in a Sean Connery accent.

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

bilwor

Boeing KB-50J Superfortress cn16148 USAF 49-372

bill word
Tucson, AZ

Joe Copalman

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ