Holiday Heavies 2014

Started by Jeff D. Welker, December 23, 2014, 07:18:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave S.

Caught this not-so-little elf this morning.  While the ramp behind him looks empty, he was the last of a long line of Santa's helpers that headed out in a rush this morning.

Constructive Comments & Critiques are always welcomed
All images © David Shields, all rights reserved
www.roxphotography.com
Some Canon bodies and lenses

Jeff D. Welker

Quote from: Dave S. on December 24, 2014, 03:04:02 PM
Caught this not-so-little elf this morning.  While the ramp behind him looks empty, he was the last of a long line of Santa's helpers that headed out in a rush this morning.

I'm glad you were able to catch some action this morning Brother Dave. Yesterday (Tuesday) I kept telling Matt that I thought the cargo traffic was likely over for the morning and then another 757, MD-11, A-300 or 747 would make an appearance. I started to wonder where they were parking all these heavies  ;)

A pano crop from my first photograph taken Tuesday morning.

Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Joe Copalman

UNDENIABLE PRESENTS

Nothing but winners in this thread, feel a bit undergunned posting a modest spotter-shot, but this was the main type I was chasing this season and I wound up catching this one under pretty cool circumstances (it was taking the active right as I was pulling up on the berm). 
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Dave S.

This A300 is another rarity for me.  Caught him this morning too, on a nice, clean tarmac as he taxied out for takeoff.

Constructive Comments & Critiques are always welcomed
All images © David Shields, all rights reserved
www.roxphotography.com
Some Canon bodies and lenses

Scott Youmans

Quote from: Jeff D. Welker on December 24, 2014, 03:45:05 PM
Quote from: Dave S. on December 24, 2014, 03:04:02 PM

I'm glad you were able to catch some action this morning Brother Dave. Yesterday (Tuesday) I kept telling Matt that I thought the cargo traffic was likely over for the morning and then another 757, MD-11, A-300 or 747 would make an appearance. I started to wonder where they were parking all these heavies  ;)

A pano crop from my first photograph taken Tuesday morning.

Sublime!
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Scott Youmans

This one goes to eleven
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Scott Youmans

Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Joe Copalman

Fantastic shot, Scott.  Reminiscent of reindeer pulling a big sleigh.
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Scott Youmans

Thanks Joe! A timely description! There sure have been a lot of great shots posted from this season's Sky Harbor activity.
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Anna M. Wood

Quote from: Scott Youmans on December 24, 2014, 11:30:15 PM
Ground Clutter

Love this shot Scott....  They cleared the cargo ramp.    Apt description from Joe.  Wonder which one is Rudolph?    ;D

Anna M. Wood

DHL, Boeing 767, N769AX
Taking the active at Phoenix Sky Harbor

Anna M. Wood

Quote from: Dave S. on December 24, 2014, 09:42:48 PM
This A300 is another rarity for me.  Caught him this morning too, on a nice, clean tarmac as he taxied out for takeoff.

Dave, Nice look on the A300....

Interesting the shape of the nose with the light reflections.  Looks like it has some big flat surfaces, less rounded then I would have thought.

Paul Dumm

Scott that looks like one of the I.Q. test. 'One of these does not belong'
"You don't become a professional simply by earning certificates, adding ratings, or getting a paycheck for flying. Rather, professionalism is a mindset. It comes from having the attitude, the ethics, and the discipline to do the right thing — every time, all the time, regardless of who's watching."

Matt Ottosen

Airbus A300F4-605R
FedEx Express

Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

The Legend of the Guardian of the Line
The Greek God "Linus" comes from the Greek name Λινος (Linos) meaning "leg."
In Greek legend, he was the son of the God Apollo who was accidentally killed when he stepped over the white line.

All images © Matt Ottosen | Ottosen Photography, all rights reserved.

Scott Youmans

Gift Giving 21st Century Style - We do live in strange times.
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved