15th Anniversary | 2009 - 2024
15 Years | Over 30 MILLION Page Views

Main Menu

Luke Air Force Base (LUF, KLUF)

Started by Joe Copalman, June 18, 2009, 12:28:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anna M. Wood

Quote from: Jeff D. Welker on April 13, 2015, 05:39:25 AM
Beautifully captured Anna. I always love the late evening images from Luke.

Quote from: Tower Guy on April 13, 2015, 09:33:03 AM
Outstanding photo Anna, I'm sure there are more to follow, looking forward to seeing them.

Thank you gentlemen...   There are a couple more keepers in the mix.  Though I did not have as much luck as I would have liked.  Pushed the envelope a tad to far with my shooting techniques that evening.  Learned much though from the session and am looking forward to having another opportunity for a twilight shoot now that I better understand the lay of the land.   ;D

Scott Youmans

Anna, Excellent work, really like the composition and overall feel of the shot. The twin green navigation lights and associated glow make a nice area of interest as do the lens-like canopies picking up the twilight sky.  Looking forward to seeing more!
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Anna M. Wood

F-16 departing for an evening flight from Luke Air Force Base.

Took a few big swings with the 300mm, handheld, just for fun this session.  Amazes me what the camera sensor picks up even when it is pretty dark out.
F2.8, ISO 10,000, 1/50 second, 7:37 pm, April 6, 2015

Joe Copalman

That last shot is awesome. 

And like Scott, I love the green tones from the navigation lights.  They remind me of swimming in motel swimming pools at night on road trip vacations with my family.  The green looks very similar to the glow the pool light would give off.  Funny that that's what I take from those images, but I love 'em specifically for that detail.
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Anna M. Wood

Quote from: Scott Youmans on April 13, 2015, 06:29:37 PM
Anna, Excellent work, really like the composition and overall feel of the shot. The twin green navigation lights and associated glow make a nice area of interest as do the lens-like canopies picking up the twilight sky.  Looking forward to seeing more!

Quote from: Joe Copalman on April 14, 2015, 03:17:33 PM
That last shot is awesome. 

And like Scott, I love the green tones from the navigation lights.  They remind me of swimming in motel swimming pools at night on road trip vacations with my family.  The green looks very similar to the glow the pool light would give off.  Funny that that's what I take from those images, but I love 'em specifically for that detail.

Thank you gentlemen.....   ;D

I like the swimming pool analogy.  Yes, they do look like the glow from the outdoor pool lights at night.

Tower Guy

Great hand held shot Anna, with this lighting and the fast movement, very well done.

Tower Guy

Anna M. Wood

Quote from: Tower Guy on April 14, 2015, 10:11:03 PM
Great hand held shot Anna, with this lighting and the fast movement, very well done.

Thank you Harvey....   :)

Tower Guy

Scott Youmans

Thumbs up on that one Harvey. Love that warm glow around the canopy. I assume that was a light that would have otherwise been a distraction skillfully placed to your advantage.
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Anna M. Wood

Quote from: Scott Youmans on April 18, 2015, 01:15:34 PM
Thumbs up on that one Harvey. Love that warm glow around the canopy. I assume that was a light that would have otherwise been a distraction skillfully placed to your advantage.

^^^^ What Scott said. 

Love how you took advantage of the light in the background to illuminate the canopy.  Great depth of field.  So much to like about this image.    :o

Tower Guy

Scott & Anna, thanks very much, I appreciate the kind remarks. I have had a problem with that one ramp light so I have positioned my shots in the past to try to get some use from it, and fortunately the pilot held still for a moment.  ;)

azbill

Tower Guy