Luke Air Force Base (LUF, KLUF)

Started by Joe Copalman, June 18, 2009, 12:28:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tower Guy

Very nice set of photos Jonathan, glad you were able to get out to Luke to catch the first arrival of an "Aussie" 35".

Jeff D. Welker

Quote from: Matt Ottosen on January 22, 2015, 06:39:57 PM
He shot a couple of approaches and then vanished.

At least he appeared to vanish. My contacts in the "Every Thing Is A Conspiracy" unit stationed at Roswell Army Air Field tell me the Growler simply engaged his flux capacitor and matriculated to a parallel dimension - just saying'  ;)
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Matt Ottosen

Quote from: Jeff D. Welker on January 23, 2015, 12:53:36 PM
At least he appeared to vanish. My contacts in the "Every Thing Is A Conspiracy" unit stationed at Roswell Army Air Field tell me the Growler simply engaged his flux capacitor and matriculated to a parallel dimension - just saying'  ;)

Jeff, I'm sure they are correct.
Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

The Legend of the Guardian of the Line
The Greek God "Linus" comes from the Greek name Λινος (Linos) meaning "leg."
In Greek legend, he was the son of the God Apollo who was accidentally killed when he stepped over the white line.

All images © Matt Ottosen | Ottosen Photography, all rights reserved.

Jonathan Navarro

Quote from: Tower Guy on January 23, 2015, 08:51:41 AM
Very nice set of photos Jonathan, glad you were able to get out to Luke to catch the first arrival of an "Aussie" 35".
Thank you! It was a cool experience. :)

Tower Guy

Jeff D. Welker

Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Tower Guy

I really like this tight crop on this shot Jeff, also the green that fills the canopy is a great touch, great processing once again, Beauty.

Matt Ottosen

General Dynamics F-16D Fighting Falcon
310th Fighter Squadron (310 FS) "Tophats"

Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

The Legend of the Guardian of the Line
The Greek God "Linus" comes from the Greek name Λινος (Linos) meaning "leg."
In Greek legend, he was the son of the God Apollo who was accidentally killed when he stepped over the white line.

All images © Matt Ottosen | Ottosen Photography, all rights reserved.

Tower Guy

Jeff D. Welker

Awesome work Harvey. Your low light (i.e. no light) photography is mind boggling to me. You mush have a set of those "steady hands" for this type of slow shutter speed panning. Even though the Viper stuck his nose in where it didn't belong, I think this turned out to be a terrific image.
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Tower Guy

Thank you Jeff, I do try to practice low light shooting as often as I can. I enjoy the occasional success with a lot of caterpillars in between. The lens gets a lot of the credit, I try to lean my back against a post or wall if available to help increase my odds a bit and when I'm lucky enough to receive a gem and I see just how low a shutter speed it fired at, I'm surprised at times. Equipment, Luck, & Practice.

Tower Guy

Anna M. Wood

Quote from: Tower Guy on February 08, 2015, 10:17:45 PM
Looking into the future.

Damn Harvey... Great image.  Lockheed Martin should be calling you for use of the image in their marketing materials.