Luke Air Force Base (LUF, KLUF)

Started by Joe Copalman, June 18, 2009, 12:28:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian Corbett

What's the back story on the Viper, Harvey? Nose gear collapse after touchdown?
"My center is giving way, my right is in retreat, situation excellent. I attack."  --Marshall Foch, September, 1914, Battle of the Marne.

Inverted Sky Images

Joe Copalman

Looks like it collapsed while being towed.  Airman in the Viper hit the brakes on accident or something?

(Love the pilot on the far left on the phone.  "Uhhh, Honey.  Yeah.  I'mma be home a little late tonight.  Yeah.  Work stuff.  Love you too").
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

John B.

Definitely not something you want to have happen.  They have my sympathy!

Tower Guy

I believe Joe's comment is closet to the truth. It was being towed at the time and you can only hope it was an accident and not someone fooling around.

Brian Corbett

Quote from: Joe Copalman on August 09, 2019, 01:45:05 PM
Looks like it collapsed while being towed.  Airman in the Viper hit the brakes on accident or something?

Yeah, that was my guess shortly after I posted. No gouges in the runway behind the plane, plus the very small, and hard to see, tow bar already attached.
"My center is giving way, my right is in retreat, situation excellent. I attack."  --Marshall Foch, September, 1914, Battle of the Marne.

Inverted Sky Images

Tower Guy

Tower Guy

Tower Guy

Paul Larson

Such a great shot Harvey, especially using that elevated angle looking down lnto the cockpit. I need a bigger ladder. :o

Tower Guy

Thank you Paul, I need a big ladder theses days also.  ;D

Tower Guy