Luke Air Force Base (LUF, KLUF)

Started by Joe Copalman, June 18, 2009, 12:28:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tower Guy

^^^^^ Thank you Scott, when I down loaded this shot, I thought the same thing. The background really helps the overall look.  Nice formation shot, glad you had a good time out here.

Bottoms Up by Tower Guy, on Flickr

Tower Guy

Jeff D. Welker

^^^^ Cool photograph Harvey. It gives the impression of some rival gang members flashing signs before a rumble gets started  ;)
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Tower Guy

You are correct Jeff, this shows a common bond of being members of the same squadron in the past. A "gang" so to speak.

Tower Guy

About to hear the fury of an F-35. by Tower Guy, on Flickr

Jeff D. Welker

^^^^ WOW, WOW, WOW. The way you've framed this image creates a outstanding composition. I especially like how the 35 is in the upper right quadrant with the cloud predominant in the lower half. The jello air on the right side of the cloud and the vapor on the wing roots add a terrific dynamic feel. I also believe your exposure is absolutely spot-on. The 35 is nearly a total silhouette with just the right amount of highlighting on the right side of the fuselage/tail. The canopy has a wonderfully subtle opacity and the landing light softly star-bursting in the middle of the dark airframe creates another powerful element to the image. I could go on and on. As good as it gets Harvey.
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Scott Youmans

QuoteThe F-35 makes its own small clouds.
Way cool Harvey!  Jeff pretty well covered it. I especially like the balanced but not symmetrical composition and that jello air adds a great touch. The almost whimsical cloud offset by the sinister F-35B makes for an interesting juxtaposition. Flattering angle for the F-35 too.
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Tower Guy

Jeff & Scott, thank you gentlemen for your kind assessment of this photograph. I liked it when I saw it and to have two of the best shooters in AzAP agree really means a lot to me, my humble thanks.

Tower Guy

Matt Ottosen

Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

The Legend of the Guardian of the Line
The Greek God "Linus" comes from the Greek name Λινος (Linos) meaning "leg."
In Greek legend, he was the son of the God Apollo who was accidentally killed when he stepped over the white line.

All images © Matt Ottosen | Ottosen Photography, all rights reserved.

Matt Ottosen

Lockheed Martin F-35A Lightning II
61st Fighter Squadron (61 FS) "Top Dogs"

Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

The Legend of the Guardian of the Line
The Greek God "Linus" comes from the Greek name Λινος (Linos) meaning "leg."
In Greek legend, he was the son of the God Apollo who was accidentally killed when he stepped over the white line.

All images © Matt Ottosen | Ottosen Photography, all rights reserved.

Tower Guy

Thank you very much Matt, I appreciate it.  That's a very nice shot of the F-35 above here also, it was good to see you in the west valley that day.