Luke Air Force Base (LUF, KLUF)

Started by Joe Copalman, June 18, 2009, 12:28:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tower Guy

Jeff D. Welker

Very, very nice Harvey. Works wonderfully with the wide pano crop. I especially like the row of white lights along the bottom of the fuselage. The reflection and back lighting in the canopy is absolutely killer. How'd you get that pilot to hold his/her head still?

Terrific image sir.
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Anna M. Wood

I agree with Jeff....  Very nice image Harvey.

Tower Guy

Jeff and Anna, thank you very much for your nice comments.

Jeff, I'm going to share a little secret with you on how to get a pilot to sit still long enough for a timed exposure. I always carry a pocket full of shiny new nickels, when the shot is set up you just throw a nickel out in front of the aircraft and it temporarily mesmerizes him long enough to get the shot.  ;D  Please don't share this or I'll lose my edge with this technique.  ;)

Scott Youmans

Quite a shot Harvey! Amazing the degree to which the canopy bends the light. As Jeff mentioned, that row of lights really adds a lot. Very cool.
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Tower Guy

Tower Guy

Jeff D. Welker

Tack sharp, terrific resolution, wonderful color balance, spot-on exposure, and to top it off its an A-10. There is nothing to not like about this image Harvey; well done.
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Tower Guy

Thank you very much Jeff, It helped that it was very clean.

Tower Guy

Scott Youmans

Impressive Harvey.  Great angle for the F-15. Wish they'd build a few hundred more of those.
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Tower Guy

Thanks Scott, when I got to Luke in 1983 we had about 120 of these on the ramp, very impressive sight. We had 3 F-16s on the ramp and we had 2 Wings, the 58th and the 56th. The German F-104s were in the process of ending their tenure here. Now the F-35s are doing just what the F-16s did to the F-15 training, time marches on.

Jeff D. Welker

Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Tower Guy

Beauty Jeff, you caught the best view of an F16 in my opinion. That head-on shot looks like a space vehicle as much as a fighter aircraft.

Jeff D. Welker

Quote from: Tower Guy on November 03, 2014, 11:48:18 AM
Beauty Jeff, you caught the best view of an F16 in my opinion. That head-on shot looks like a space vehicle as much as a fighter aircraft.

Thanks Harvey. Like you, I really like this angle on the Viper.
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ