News:

15th Anniversary | 2009 - 2024
15 Years | Over 30 MILLION Page Views

Main Menu

Non Aviation Photography Thread

Started by Jay Beckman, October 13, 2009, 09:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ross Dinsdale

I'd like to volunteer to be the guy running from the dogs. I think I could give them a run for their money. I am as slippery as a snake.
Turd Ferguson
Las Vegas, Nevada
Comments and Critique are always welcome.

"Chair Juggling Extraordinaire"

Jeff D. Welker

Quote from: Tower Guy on May 07, 2017, 09:12:29 AM
Very nice results Jeff, these existing light shots are fantastic. Sounds like a great carry solution for a quality camera. You and Mr. Youmans come up with some great equipment. Must be something in the coffee in those little diners you guys meet at.  ;D

Thank you Harvey.  Messrs. Youmans is my exemplar when it comes to high-end camera gear.  I don't try to keep up, I just humbly add a lens here and a camera body there  ;)

Seriously, the Fuji X-T2 and the Fuji lenses are amazing equipment that produces wonderful images.  If I'm able to add a few Fuji "gems" to my gear cache, I'll be a very happy camper.
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

scottcolbath

Quote from: Ross Dinsdale on May 07, 2017, 10:00:30 PM
I'd like to volunteer to be the guy running from the dogs. I think I could give them a run for their money. I am as slippery as a snake.

I'd put on a bite suit. No problemo. I think it would be pretty cool. Big deal if you get a puncture wound or bruised up arm. Now you can tell all your friends you've been attacked by a police dog.

S.C.

John B.

Jeff D. Welker

Very nice moon image Vance.  You possess a talent that clearly passed me by.  I struggle to take these types of photographs.  Well done.

More goofing around at breakfast with Mr. Youmans formidable Fuji X-T2 and the XF35mmF1.4 R lens (50mm equivalent). A fun and easy to carry setup that possesses plenty of horsepower for image-making.  In a beguiling and diminutive package.

Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Chris Janes

Tears of the Sailor
USS Arizona still leaks oil to this day.
Tears of the Sailor by Chris Janes, on Flickr

wingsnstuff

Compelling Image Chris.  My Navy retirement flag flew over the USS Arizona prior to my retirement in 1988.  My first visit to the memorial brought almost overwhelming emotion.  My father help raise the Battleship West Virginia after the attack on Pearl Harbor.  He spent the rest of the war in the the Pacific on aircraft carriers. Well captured and perfectly titled.  Thanks for posting.

wingsnstuff

Thanks Jeff.  It was one of the clearest nights I could remember since coming south to the Carolinas.  The Moon almost seemed to sparkle it was so clear.

Chris Janes

QuoteCompelling Image Chris.  My Navy retirement flag flew over the USS Arizona prior to my retirement in 1988.  My first visit to the memorial brought almost overwhelming emotion.  My father help raise the Battleship West Virginia after the attack on Pearl Harbor.  He spent the rest of the war in the the Pacific on aircraft carriers. Well captured and perfectly titled.  Thanks for posting.

Thank you Vance, and thank you for sharing the story about your Dad and about your retirement flag.  Very interesting.
This was my second trip to the Arizona memorial, the previous trip I was able to visit the USS Missouri, which is very impressive to see as well. Each time I've visited Pearl Harbor I've learned something new and walked away with a new appreciation for what happened there on Dec 7, 1941. On this trip I stayed on the North Shore and discovered that across from Turtle Bay where I was staying stood the radar site that picked up the Japanese fleet as they were inbound but the operators were told to disregard it. Always love to hear or read stories from that time period.

Ross Dinsdale

From a trip to the Desert Botanical Garden in March 2017:

Paddlin' by Ross Dinsdale, on Flickr

Thoughts of a bird.... by Ross Dinsdale, on Flickr

Four Brothers

Pollinatin'

Turd Ferguson
Las Vegas, Nevada
Comments and Critique are always welcome.

"Chair Juggling Extraordinaire"

wingsnstuff

Beautiful captures all, Ross.  Well done.  (Makes me homesick  ;))

Joe Copalman

Solid set from Desert Botanical, Ross!
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

MuseumAndy

Here are some pictures from our Christmas trip to Idaho. There is something about editing these photos in the middle of June in Arizona.

Anna M. Wood

Quote from: MuseumAndy on June 24, 2017, 05:11:02 PM
Here are some pictures from our Christmas trip to Idaho. There is something about editing these photos in the middle of June in Arizona.

One can dream....

Ned Harris

Juvenile Peregrine Falcon in pursuit. Torrey Pines, CA. 6/2/17.
_31A4421 Juvie Peregrine in pursuit. by Ned Harris, on Flickr
Ned Harris
Tucson, Arizona