Non Aviation Photography Thread

Started by Jay Beckman, October 13, 2009, 09:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Copalman

"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

scottcolbath

Very nice. Did you go full blown Double Rainbow Guy when you saw that?

S.C.

Tower Guy

John S

Nice Harvey, was hoping to get a credential for that game but never heard back from my managing editor, nothing for the ASU game either.  Maybe next year.

John

Tower Guy

Thank you John, I was fortunate that a coworker had tickets but wasn't able to go. I shot this from up near the roof. I have had good success bringing in the 100-400 and no one has ever said anything. When it is shortened and the sunshade installed back over the lens, it meets their rules of no lens over 8" long mounted on the camera.

scottcolbath

Quote from: Tower Guy on January 05, 2016, 09:51:17 AM
Thank you John, I was fortunate that a coworker had tickets but wasn't able to go. I shot this from up near the roof. I have had good success bringing in the 100-400 and no one has ever said anything. When it is shortened and the sunshade installed back over the lens, it meets their rules of no lens over 8" long mounted on the camera.

That rule is such a crock of random BS it makes me nuts. I was turned away from a Cards practice for not meeting the rule of the 8" stick with one of my lenses.

S.C.

Scott Youmans

Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Tower Guy

Scott, you need to be more optimistic, the cup is more than half full of shadow.  :D  Very nice photograph.

Scott Youmans

Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Tower Guy

Sincere condolence Scott on the passing of your Mother, both of my parents have passed and it is a life changing event. God Bless.

Tower Guy

Both of these Heron shots are outstanding Vance, well done!

wingsnstuff

Thanks Harvey.  There's a large pond across the street from my house that is surrounded on two sides by marshland and the Wando river.  The Herons. Ibis and Egrets flock to this are for nesting and food.  We even have a few Alligators now and then.  It is a target rich environment for bird and other wildlife spotting.

Jeff D. Welker

A gorgeous sunrise this morning as seen through the window of the Liberty Market in Gilbert, Arizona. I really love the way Joe's neon sign "pops" in the half light of early morning. Lots of flares and reflections in the window, but I think it looks cool. Breakfast and conversations on photography with our good friend Scott Youmans​ was excellent. Not a bad way to get your Saturday going. Photograph taken with my Sony A7RII and "The Beast" Nikkor 85mm f/1.4 manual focus lens. A terrific combination that even I have a hard time screwing up  ;)

Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Jeff D. Welker

A light bulb in the Liberty Market. At a very early hour and having the restaurant nearly to ourselves, it seemed like something to photograph at the time  ???

Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Jeff D. Welker

0-Dark-30 in the morning at the Liberty Market in old town Gilbert...
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ