Non Aviation Photography Thread

Started by Jay Beckman, October 13, 2009, 09:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Copalman

Congrats on the new acquisition.  

Youmans isn't the only one you introduced to the Takumar primes.  Here are two recent shots of my son taken with the Pentax Asahi Super-Takumar 50mm f/1.4.  Absolutely in love with this little lens.  Oh, and my son.  He's pretty awesome too.
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Jeff D. Welker

Quote from: Bubak on December 02, 2015, 09:36:34 AM
Stenberg by Zdenek Kaspar, on Flickr

Kaspar - I can only assume this is your humble summer home in the Czech Republic  ;)
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Jeff D. Welker

I got a chance to play with my Nikkor 85mm f/1.4 Ai-S lens this evening. I took a quick photo of my neighbors driveway to test low light performance when shooting wide open. So far so good. Hope to put The Beast to work on my grandkids and a few derelict aircraft soon :D

Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Jeff D. Welker

Joe asked me if the bokeh/blur in the Jeep image above was native to the lens. For others that might also wonder, the answer is yes. I shot this photograph at f/1.4 and the only processing I did in LR was to level the image, a touch of noise suppression (ISO 1250), and white balance. I was standing approximately 50' from the near side of the Jeep. According to a depth of field app on my iPhone, an 85mm lens at f/1.4 and 50' from the center point of focus would give me approximately 6' of area (3' either side of the Jeep logo) in focus. I think it is a very terrific lens.

If you ever need to analyze or calculate Depth of Field when making an image, I highly recommend you purchase one of the depth of field apps available for your smart phone. I use one called the "Simple DoF Calculator" as was recommended to me by Messrs. Youmans. That being said, there are numerous options for both Apple and Droid phones. They generally are very reasonably priced.
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

scottcolbath

Couple of track day pics from today out at Arizona Motorsports Park. Luke had some action around 12:30 as well, but I was too far away to shoot it.

My buddy, Kyle.

S.C.

Tower Guy

This looks like a nice venue to shoot at, looks like you had good close access for the shots. The first one is a great action shot and the rest are cool also. I hope number 77 is a joker on that last one, if not, he's a jerk. Well done.

scottcolbath

Quote from: Tower Guy on December 06, 2015, 09:37:32 PM
This looks like a nice venue to shoot at, looks like you had good close access for the shots. The first one is a great action shot and the rest are cool also. I hope number 77 is a joker on that last one, if not, he's a jerk. Well done.

They only let me have that one corner, so I did what I could with it. And #77 is a good friend, and complete smart ass.

S.C.

Chris V

No Fly Zone event at Gila Bend Airport. 1/2 mile racing on the runway.

scottcolbath

Quote from: Chris V on December 13, 2015, 09:12:04 PM
No Fly Zone event at Gila Bend Airport. 1/2 mile racing on the runway.

Nice shot. I keep telling myself I'm going to get out there for one of those events, but have yet to make it.

S.C.

Chris V

Its a pretty fun event and great shots to be had.

Ned Harris

Adult rufous morph Red-tailed Hawk. Pinal county, AZ. 12/16/15.

_31A0048 Rufous morph Red-tailed Hawk by Ned Harris, on Flickr
Ned Harris
Tucson, Arizona

Tower Guy

No one does it better than this Ned, outstanding photograph!

Ned Harris

Thanks Harvey. Raptors are my passion and photographing them is always a thrill for me.
Ned Harris
Tucson, Arizona

scottcolbath

Quote from: Tower Guy on December 18, 2015, 03:29:10 PM
No one does it better than this Ned, outstanding photograph!

Ain't this the truth. Ned, I still need to get down your way for some raptor pics.

S.C.