Non Aviation Photography Thread

Started by Jay Beckman, October 13, 2009, 09:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff D. Welker

Messrs. Youmans and I are like a couple of aging crack dealers. We take turns taunting each other with the newest "blend". Lately it has been the Pentax 50/1.4 Takumars. Now Scott has upped the ante with a vintage Nikon Nikkor 85mm f/1.8. I pressed one of my grandsons into service this evening and here is the result wide open at f/1.8. Just when I thought I had fully satisfied my vintage lens addiction, Scott starts bringing his cache of Nikkors out of the safe. The bastard  ;)  ;D
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Matt Ottosen

Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

The Legend of the Guardian of the Line
The Greek God "Linus" comes from the Greek name Λινος (Linos) meaning "leg."
In Greek legend, he was the son of the God Apollo who was accidentally killed when he stepped over the white line.

All images © Matt Ottosen | Ottosen Photography, all rights reserved.

Ned Harris

Jonathan: Love your mammatus cloud image. They are among my favorite clouds and I'm always thrilled to see them.
Ned Harris
Tucson, Arizona

Jeff D. Welker

Quote from: Jonathan Navarro on July 16, 2015, 12:55:42 PM
Airplane for scale...

Took me a minute to find the airplane; but once I did, the whole composition really changed for me. Terrific work Jonathan. Where was this taken?
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Scott Youmans

Jonathan, that is a trippy image, to use the old sixties saying. Very cool indeed.
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Scott Youmans

Jeff, Somehow your beautiful portrait exceeds the quality of all my coffee cup images taken with that lens. It's almost as if it's not just the equipment after all! Your crack analogy is quite sadly all too accurate but I know just obtaining one more lens will make me happy forever....As long as it's a Zeiss 135mm f/2 APO.  I don't think my wife uses her car that much....
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Anna M. Wood

Dipping my toes into flash photography a bit deeper with an Einstein added to the kit.  I think I am really going to like the big flash it can generate.   ;D

The Einstein with a couple Yongnuo YN560-IV speedlites and Yongnou YN560-TX flash controller. Einstein set to it's lowest power setting into a shoot thru umbrella.  The speedlites setup camera left and right at 1/8 power at 24mm.

John B.

Just goofing off with an image.  However, anybody who has ever processed an image should get this one:

RGB Color Space

RGB Color Space par John Bezosky Jr., on ipernity

Mike Margolis

Sedona sunsets never disappoint! Especially shot from the airport!!
Unless it's totally overcast and then they're a little dull. But this one was mostly clear, sun still above this frame with lots of distant dust generating some great color!

Sedona 2015 Hazy Hills Sunset-8596 by Mike Margolis, on Flickr
"Could be worse... Could be raining."

Chris V

Jeff D. Welker

^^^^ Awesome photograph Eric. To a landlubber from Arizona, that looks like some serious surf crashing against the rocks.
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

azbill

Brian Corbett

Lighthouse on "The Rock"; Alcatraz Island
"My center is giving way, my right is in retreat, situation excellent. I attack."  --Marshall Foch, September, 1914, Battle of the Marne.

Inverted Sky Images

Brian Corbett

Taken from Kendrick Park, north of Flagstaff.

Looking south. The center of the Milky Way with Mars and Saturn setting over the sky glow of Williams.

Looking straight up.

Looking north. The Andromeda Galaxy makes an appearance.
"My center is giving way, my right is in retreat, situation excellent. I attack."  --Marshall Foch, September, 1914, Battle of the Marne.

Inverted Sky Images

Jeff D. Welker

I love the "Milky Way over Williams" image Brian. I've never figured-out how to get this type of photograph. You did a terrific job.
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ