Non Aviation Photography Thread

Started by Jay Beckman, October 13, 2009, 09:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott Youmans

Thanks Anna. Having a lot of fun with this pint-sized system. The build and optical quality is outstanding. Won't be giving up all of my full frame equipment but some of it has already disappeared from my shelves!
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Scott Youmans

Pellegrino! - More X-T1.  56mm f/1.2 shot wide open. Cropped quite a bit. Very narrow depth field which of course can be a good thing...sometimes.
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Anna M. Wood

Over The Hill Gang Classic Car Show 2015, Queen Creek, Arizona.  A nice variety of vehicles were in attendance today.

Willy

Eying You...

Scott Youmans

Great work Anna!  That little purple light in the middle of the headlight is interesting, like a jewel.  Great bokeh on both shots.
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Joe Copalman

"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Anna M. Wood

Quote from: Scott Youmans on March 28, 2015, 09:37:13 PM
Great work Anna!  That little purple light in the middle of the headlight is interesting, like a jewel.  Great bokeh on both shots.

Thank you Scott....  There were so many cool details, eye candy and chrome to shoot today.  A nice thing about Schnepf Farms, they have a lot of trees, shade and grass on their grounds.  Made it a bit more comfortable to shoot not being out in the open, in the harsh sun.

Scott Youmans

Quote from: Joe Copalman on March 28, 2015, 10:09:06 PM
MEEP-MEEP
Beautiful shot Joe! Very crisp! Incredible detail in the feathers.  Where did you bag that bird?
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Matt Ottosen

A male Hamadryas Baboon at the Phoenix Zoo.

Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

The Legend of the Guardian of the Line
The Greek God "Linus" comes from the Greek name Λινος (Linos) meaning "leg."
In Greek legend, he was the son of the God Apollo who was accidentally killed when he stepped over the white line.

All images © Matt Ottosen | Ottosen Photography, all rights reserved.

Joe Copalman

Quote from: Scott Youmans on March 28, 2015, 10:31:21 PM
Quote from: Joe Copalman on March 28, 2015, 10:09:06 PM
MEEP-MEEP
Beautiful shot Joe! Very crisp! Incredible detail in the feathers.  Where did you bag that bird?

Thanks, Scott!  This was at the Phoenix Zoo.  Typically the roadrunners are at the back of the enclosure, so this was the first opportunity I've had to shoot one up close. 

Matt, I got a similar shot of that baboon the day before the Edwards trip, first time I caught that as well.  Baboons freak me out.
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Matt Ottosen

Quote from: Joe Copalman on March 29, 2015, 09:27:13 AM
Matt, I got a similar shot of that baboon the day before the Edwards trip, first time I caught that as well.  Baboons freak me out.

I waited for over an hour for either the Mandrills or the Hamadryas Baboons to do something.  The Mandrills were in the back of their enclosure hiding in the shade and this Hamadryas Baboon was taking a nap.  Finally this guy woke up and let out this barbaric yawp yawn.
Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

The Legend of the Guardian of the Line
The Greek God "Linus" comes from the Greek name Λινος (Linos) meaning "leg."
In Greek legend, he was the son of the God Apollo who was accidentally killed when he stepped over the white line.

All images © Matt Ottosen | Ottosen Photography, all rights reserved.

Mike Margolis

"Could be worse... Could be raining."

Mike Margolis

Mike Margolis

Ned Harris

Black-necked Gartersnake, Sabino Canyon, 3/29/15.

_31A6751 Black-necker Gartersnake by Ned Harris, on Flickr
Ned Harris
Tucson, Arizona

Tower Guy

I am not a fan of any snake, not even the most deadly Gartersnake, however I do believe in live and let live. Very cool photo Ned.  ;)