15th Anniversary | 2009 - 2024
15 Years | Over 29 MILLION Page Views

Main Menu

Non Aviation Photography Thread

Started by Jay Beckman, October 13, 2009, 09:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt Ottosen

Quote from: wingsnstuff on January 25, 2013, 06:04:22 PM
That is a neat way to get to the Grand Canyon.  The horseback train robbery on the way back is awesome.  Nice shot.

Thanks Vance, the whole experience is a lot of fun.  Although we didn't ride the train on this trip, I have taken the train twice in the past and I would love to take it someday with Ashlie.
Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

The Legend of the Guardian of the Line
The Greek God "Linus" comes from the Greek name Λινος (Linos) meaning "leg."
In Greek legend, he was the son of the God Apollo who was accidentally killed when he stepped over the white line.

All images © Matt Ottosen | Ottosen Photography, all rights reserved.

Tower Guy

Very nice Vance, I'm guessing this isn't from your Sun City home.

wingsnstuff

Happy New Year Harvey

No, Susie and I relocated back to Northern Virginia in late November.  We sold the house in Sun City and moved back into our house in Ashburn, Virginia.  It gets me closer to my clients so I'm not spending so much time on airplanes flying cross country and it gets us closer to our new Grandson (he turned six months old today).  We've had snow the past two days and the temps are in the teens thus the title "Arizona Dreamin".  Susie and I both miss the Arizona weather and our family and friends who still live there.  Please pass my best to all the AZAP guys when you see them next.   

MuseumAndy

Dave S.

Quote from: wingsnstuff on January 26, 2013, 05:55:36 PM
Susie and I both miss the Arizona weather and our family and friends who still live there.  Please pass my best to all the AZAP guys when you see them next.   

Right back at ya Vance.  Hope things are going well for you in Virginia.

We've had some decent winter weather here the last couple of weeks.  We had a nice cold spell, with temps dropping into the mid-20's for a couple of days.  Rain yesterday, today and tomorrow - but no snow that we have to shovel from our driveways!

Take care!

- Dave
Constructive Comments & Critiques are always welcomed
All images © David Shields, all rights reserved
www.roxphotography.com
Some Canon bodies and lenses

wingsnstuff

Thanks Dave.  All the best to you and yours.  Happy New Year

Jay Beckman

Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com
Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Daniel DeSart

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

CJPalmer

Finally got around to scanning some of my large format negatives.
Can't get any more shallow on the depth of field 7in f2.5 on 4x5 (approx. 35mm equivalent of 60mm f0.7).

Mule Wrangler by CJPalmerPhoto, on Flickr

Mule by CJPalmerPhoto, on Flickr

Durango & Silverton RR by CJPalmerPhoto, on Flickr

cpasley

Been having an itchy trigger finger so today I tried to fix that by shooting things around the house

Jackie by Chris Pasley, on Flickr

Jay Beckman

Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com
Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

cpasley

I did in fact I shot four of them, I'll get the rest later

redsox223

One reason I why I miss living in Phoenix. I like snow, but not blizzards. I am 20 miles west of Boston and the snow fall was about 2.5feet which came down in about 18 hours. Cant complain too much though as plenty of friends lost power and some still do not have it.

Boston Blizzard 2013 by redsox223, on Flickr

Boston Blizzard 2013 by redsox223, on Flickr

Needham Walkabout by redsox223, on Flickr

scottcolbath

Quote from: Mitchell Koffman on February 09, 2013, 08:13:15 PM
One reason I why I miss living in Phoenix. I like snow, but not blizzards. I am 20 miles west of Boston

I grew up in Framingham, and had the "pleasure"  ??? of enjoying the blizzard of 1968 and 1978. I do not miss that stuff at all.

S.C.

Tower Guy

I grew up in Pa. and I just love "pictures" of snow, good luck with this one.  ;)