15 Years | Over 30 MILLION Page Views

Main Menu

Non Aviation Photography Thread

Started by Jay Beckman, October 13, 2009, 09:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ned Harris

Swainson's Hawk with prey (frog).
Kansas Settlement, AZ
500 f4.0 + 1.4x on Canon 7D resting on a double beanbag out the side window of my Toyota Sequoia.

_MG_3221 Swainson's Hawk with prey by Ned Harris, on Flickr
Ned Harris
Tucson, Arizona

Chris V

Chris V

Shots of the milkyway from this weekend.

Chris V

Jay Beckman

Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com
Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Chris V

Quote from: FlyingPhotog on August 15, 2010, 05:11:25 PM
Is that a Snorkle?

Yep, for those deep wash crossings :)  wish this truck was mine but its not. Been going out on some desert exploring runs with some guys from expeditionportal.com

wingsnstuff

Chris.  This is a cover shot if I've ever seen one.  You need to submit this one of Off Road Magazine.  Awesome sky. 

wingsnstuff

Ned,  What a beautiful photo of this hawk.  Very nice.

wingsnstuff

Chris.  What kind of exposure time did you need for the Milky Way shots.  They are just beautiful.  Where were you?

Jbong

Quote from: Chris V on August 15, 2010, 05:19:09 PM
Is that a Snorkle?

Yep, for those deep wash crossings :)  wish this truck was mine but its not. Been going out on some desert exploring runs with some guys from expeditionportal.com

Hey Chris if you dont mind me asking do you have exposeure bracketing on your camera? And what HDR program did you use. I really want to try HDR but with my D3000 I would have to set my exposure for each shot. Thanks in advance

Chris V

Quote from: wingsnstuff on August 15, 2010, 07:21:37 PM
Chris.  This is a cover shot if I've ever seen one.  You need to submit this one of Off Road Magazine.  Awesome sky. 

Thanks! 

Chris V

Quote from: wingsnstuff on August 15, 2010, 07:26:07 PM
Chris.  What kind of exposure time did you need for the Milky Way shots.  They are just beautiful.  Where were you?

I think these were a little over 100 seconds, I started to get some motion in the stars i wish they were a little clearer. These were taken on hwy 238 between Maricopa & Gila Bend.

Chris V

Quote from: Jbong on August 15, 2010, 08:03:59 PM
Quote from: Chris V on August 15, 2010, 05:19:09 PM
Is that a Snorkle?

Hey Chris if you dont mind me asking do you have exposeure bracketing on your camera? And what HDR program did you use. I really want to try HDR but with my D3000 I would have to set my exposure for each shot. Thanks in advance

Yes I have bracketing on my camera. This shot was a combination of 3 exposures, +2, 0, & -2.

I used Photomatix to combine the exposures and then tweaked it in CS5 & Topaz Adjust. The biggest thing for me is making a HDR that doesn't look like a cartoon. I like to keep it realistic looking.

Jbong

jslugman

Crammed an hour lightning storm into one image. Colors are from areas devoid of rain and lit by lightning strikes, note the downburst in the center.

James "JSlugman" O'Rear
Yokota AFB, Japan RJTY

Author of "Aviation Photography- A Pictorial Guide"