News:

15th Anniversary | 2009 - 2024
15 Years | Over 30 MILLION Page Views

Main Menu

Non Aviation Photography Thread

Started by Jay Beckman, October 13, 2009, 09:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Dumm

Yea, I posted here because it's just a joke and does not belong in the Airlines/ Willie/ Ect. posting.
"You don't become a professional simply by earning certificates, adding ratings, or getting a paycheck for flying. Rather, professionalism is a mindset. It comes from having the attitude, the ethics, and the discipline to do the right thing — every time, all the time, regardless of who's watching."

scottcolbath

Overall, a horrible day for pics at the NHRA qualifying in Phoenix. I took few, and the ones I did take are scraps, due to not having a good position all day.

Hector Jr. unloads his bike.

Old school funny car getting ready for the burnout.

When you are unable to get an entire care due to too many people running around, you make due with what you have.

Force looking grumpy.

Beckman being profound.

Neff being thirsty.

The ultra rare photo of a smiling Kalitta in the wilds of the NHRA jungle. He may just be gassy. I'm not completely sure.

Choke on the nitro.

S.C.

Bubak

Chris V

Shot from Saturday, damn it was hot out there!!

Jay Beckman

Fur and Feathers from the Fish & Game's Adobe Mountain Wildlife Center...

Female Bobcat

GHO

Turkey Vulture

Harris Hawk

Owl and Vulture are rehabbing, the Hawk is a permanent educational resident and the bobcat was confiscated from private owners when it was a cub so she won't ever see the wild.  :'(
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com
Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

scottcolbath

Thanks Bubak.

Chris, hotter than hell out there, wasn't it? Nice shot BTW.

Jay, cool shots also. As part of my efforts volunteering at Southewest Wildlife (www.southwestwildlife.org), I sometimes get called out to Adobe Mountain to pick up some food for our mountain lions at Southwest. Last time out there, I picked up a frozen, dismembered elk. The cats enjoyes elksickles.  ;D

Remind me to share my bobcat release story some time. I'm too busy now to type it out.

S.C.

Joe Copalman

Old shot from my old backyard in San Tan Valley.  The sun had set about 15 minutes earlier and the light on the clouds was receding.  I used to love sitting in the yard watching this happen, but on this evening, it was like someone just turned the lights of on the eastern half of the sky.  Lit up and glowing one second, then CLICK, dark the next.

"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

trmphoto

Did some hiking up at AZ Snowbowl this past weekend.  As you can see, my dog likes to have his picture taken...

Chuck Mitchell

July 4th in Tucson
"A" Mountain from top floor parking garage, downtown Tucson

First 3 photos
ISO 100  f/13  5 sec. 80-135mm w/twist

Last shot
ISO 100 f/9  4 sec  28 mm
Canon 50D EF 28-135mm

Chuck Mitchell

Forgot to post them a few months ago.
Thought I'd share them now.

Chuck
Tucson

David Loera

You don't concentrate on risks. You concentrate on results. No risk is too great to prevent the necessary job from getting done.
Chuck Yeager

David "Wiz" Loera
Mesa, AZ
All images © David Loera, all rights reserved.

Ned Harris

Ned Harris
Tucson, Arizona

Stephen Marshall

Wow it been a long time since I've posted here.. But that happens when your camera is taken as evidence in a trespassing conviction. :-\  Anyway, since you've last seen me I've become a Valet and thought I would share a photo of a car we got at a political fundraiser a couple nights ago.

Lamborghini Murciélago with a not at all flashy chrome finish.

Fun fact about the photo: The black pair of legs you see in the reflection belong to the Secret service agent for Senator Kyl.
-- I'm Stephen Marshall and I approve this message.  |   Visit my Flickr.

Jay Beckman

Evidence?  For the Prosecution or the Defense?

It would appear that the Government seized your image as well...
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com
Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Stephen Marshall

Basically TUSD does NOT like people visiting their old shut down elementary schools without permission. I set of a silent alarm and before I knew it there were 3 cops inside looking for me with guns out and a dog barking at me. I feel like they kept the camera due to procedure. It was "used" by the prosecutor as evidence, for what I do not know. I don't know what they have done with the photos, or even worse, if I got any good shots  ;D  Fortunately as a first offense I took a adult responsibility class and they cleared the charges. However I did spend the night in jail.. That sucked.

..And I totally just got the seized my image joke... Nice.
-- I'm Stephen Marshall and I approve this message.  |   Visit my Flickr.