Non Aviation Photography Thread

Started by Jay Beckman, October 13, 2009, 09:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ned Harris

Ned Harris
Tucson, Arizona

John S

A non-aviation subject with some aviation on it, phone pic, behind Walgreens at El Mirage and Cactus. Batteries are dead in the camera and chargers are packed away somewhere.  Moving in a couple of weeks so I hope I find the chargers right away.

Jay Beckman

Ran up to Flag and Jerome on 8/22/15

"Chair-ial Photography"
The view from the Snowbowl Chairlift

A Sense Of Depth
SF Peaks in the distance from Jerome
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com
Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Chris V

A little lightning from last night.

Chris V

Anna M. Wood

Inspiration from Chris Heising.

This beauty will keep me busy for many a day experimenting with lighting.

Scott Youmans

That's one of the coolest Rugers I've ever seen. The quality of the photography certainly plays a part. Had a stainless Mark II many years ago. The heavy barrel gives it a better balance visually.
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Anna M. Wood

Quote from: Scott Youmans on September 07, 2015, 11:43:53 AM
That's one of the coolest Rugers I've ever seen. The quality of the photography certainly plays a part. Had a stainless Mark II many years ago. The heavy barrel gives it a better balance visually.

Thank you Scott.    The stainless steel along with the cocobolo grip make it very photogenic.

scottcolbath

Water flowing over Horseshoe dam.

Me shooting the water flowing over Horseshoe dam.  ;D

Not exactly high art, but an awesome ride with some beautiful scenery. Me and some buds did a loop out Seven Springs, around to Sheep Bridge, then Horseshoe dam and back to Bartlett.

The rain has caused the desert out there to really "green up". And the smells were amazing. It was my first outing out that way. Can't wait to go back and explore some more.

S.C.

Brian Corbett

Beautiful image of the Ruger, Anna!

Here's a nameless bay in the Misty Fjords, which are east-ish from Ketchikan, AK.
"My center is giving way, my right is in retreat, situation excellent. I attack."  --Marshall Foch, September, 1914, Battle of the Marne.

Inverted Sky Images

Chris V

Brian Corbett

Chris, your lightning shots are simply stunning! It's something I've been wanting to try my hand at but never seem to be in the right place at the right time. Keep up the killer work!
"My center is giving way, my right is in retreat, situation excellent. I attack."  --Marshall Foch, September, 1914, Battle of the Marne.

Inverted Sky Images

Joe Copalman

Quote from: Brian Corbett on September 14, 2015, 09:41:15 AM
Chris, your lightning shots are simply stunning! It's something I've been wanting to try my hand at but never seem to be in the right place at the right time. Keep up the killer work!

Totally agreed.  You're getting into some Olbinski/Stringham territory with your weather shots lately.  Such solid awesomeness.
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Chris V

Thanks guys!!

I love shooting weather & lightning, it's a lot of hit and miss but when you get in the right spot at the right time its so awesome!

Tower Guy

Very cool lightning shot Chris. I try every monsoon season and have had limited success. I agree that when you capture a really great shot like this one, its a real thrill. Then you want to top this one. Great effort, great shot!