Non Aviation Photography Thread

Started by Jay Beckman, October 13, 2009, 09:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anna M. Wood

Quote from: Ross Dinsdale on March 16, 2015, 09:31:22 PM
This is my first attempt at doing a multi image panorama.  Shot from halfway point on "A" Mountain in Tempe looking southwest.

Super image Ross....  Well worth the hike up "A" Mountain.

Dave S.

Constructive Comments & Critiques are always welcomed
All images © David Shields, all rights reserved
www.roxphotography.com
Some Canon bodies and lenses

Ross Dinsdale

Thanks guys. This particular image used 12 pictures edited in Lightroom before being stitched together in photoshop.  As far as camera settings go.  ISO 200. 5.6 for my aperture and a 5 second exposure.  This was the best combination I found to work on this particular night.  This was just a section of a much bigger pano I with 36 pictures.   
Turd Ferguson
Las Vegas, Nevada
Comments and Critique are always welcome.

"Chair Juggling Extraordinaire"

Jeff D. Welker

A 1932 Lincoln KB Boattail Speedster reflecting another terrific Arizona sunset at the weekly Scottsdale Pavilions Car Show​.
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Jeff D. Welker

I'm on a bit of a car jag at the moment. I'll get back to the winged projectiles shortly. Wait a minute, this Chevy does have wings on the hood  ;)
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Tower Guy

I really like the car shots Jeff. I once did something similar at Barrett Jackson car auction. My favorite is the Lincoln with the reflections, they are all very creative but the Lincoln is it for me, very nice work.

Scott Youmans

Quote from: Jeff D. Welker on March 21, 2015, 09:48:54 AM
I'm on a bit of a car jag at the moment. I'll get back to the winged projectiles shortly. Wait a minute, this Chevy does have wings on the hood  ;)
Definitely a fan of the '55 Chevy shot. It was a very special year!
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Jeff D. Welker

Quote from: Tower Guy on March 21, 2015, 10:52:41 AM
I really like the car shots Jeff. I once did something similar at Barrett Jackson car auction. My favorite is the Lincoln with the reflections, they are all very creative but the Lincoln is it for me, very nice work.

Quote from: Scott Youmans on March 21, 2015, 11:45:59 AM
Definitely a fan of the '55 Chevy shot. It was a very special year!

Thanks Harvey and Scott for the kind words. I really enjoy shooting at the weekly Pavillions car show. While some weeks are better than others (as far as variety of cars go), I've never regretted going. I generally shoot "tight" on the cars and with a wide open f/stop. This helps to minimize the inevitable photo-bombing that occurs with all the folks walking around. Thanks to Bill Ozmun for alerting me to last Saturday's event. Apparently, when the GoodGuys show is at WestWorld, you get an increase in the cool factor at the Pavillions. I'd be going again today, but apparently my grandkids have infected their Papa with a flu like condition. So I'll wimp-out and enjoy the terrific Edwards shots being posted.
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Tower Guy

Jeff, I hope you feel better soon. The next time you head to the Pavillions let me know, I'll try to join you over there. I enjoy shooting cars also. Take care my friend.

Jeff D. Welker

Quote from: Tower Guy on March 21, 2015, 05:55:03 PM
Jeff, I hope you feel better soon. The next time you head to the Pavillions let me know, I'll try to join you over there. I enjoy shooting cars also. Take care my friend.

Will do Harvey. I'd have gone today if it wasn't for my wimpyness. I'm hoping Anna does well there this evening.

Not sure why this fellow replaced the big window with a small, but this '56 Ford wouldn't be a bad way to get around town.
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Scott Youmans

Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Anna M. Wood

Jetting Away
1956 Chevrolet at The Pavilions at Talking Stick Car Show

Take Me To Your Leader
Thank you to Bill Osmun for pointing out this antenna bling. I do not think I would have noticed this little detail.

Classic Hood
1958 Ford Fairlane Skyliner 500 Convertible at The Pavilions at Talking Stick Car Show

I have some work to do shooting with my 35mm Sigma close in and getting a proper amount of depth of field.  Is a very good exercise to stretch my photography muscles.  I can see myself attending more car shows around the valley for the photographic opportunities.

Scott Youmans

All excellent but I really like "Jetting Away" very much.  I also have the Sigma 35mm "Art" lens.  Very nice!
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Anna M. Wood

Quote from: Scott Youmans on March 22, 2015, 10:53:42 PM
All excellent but I really like "Jetting Away" very much.  I also have the Sigma 35mm "Art" lens.  Very nice!

Thank you Scott....

Ross Dinsdale

Super rad Anna. You and Jeff may have just inspired me to start getting out to the pavilions.
Turd Ferguson
Las Vegas, Nevada
Comments and Critique are always welcome.

"Chair Juggling Extraordinaire"