News:

15th Anniversary | 2009 - 2024
15 Years | Over 30 MILLION Page Views

Main Menu

Non Aviation Photography Thread

Started by Jay Beckman, October 13, 2009, 09:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Janes

Thank you Jeff... and likewise great shot of the Cobra. It would appear that the wages for flight instructing have increased since my days of doing it full time....  ;D ;D

Jeff D. Welker

Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Ned Harris

Sandhill Crane, Bosque del Apache NWR, New Mexico. 11/28/14.

_68U3592 Sandhill Crane by Ned Harris, on Flickr
Ned Harris
Tucson, Arizona

Jeff D. Welker

The newly reglazed hangar door at Coolidge Municipal Airport.

THE 70 YEAR VIEW
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Jeff D. Welker

Historic hangar #2 at TIA. This is one of three Consolidate Vultee Aircraft hangars built 1942 on the site that would become the Tucson International Airport we know today. These hangars were used to modify and outfit long range B-24 Liberator bombers before sending them into battle during WWII. I think it is very cool they are still standing and being used.

REFLECTIONS ON 2
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

azbill

Jay Beckman

Much better facade down there now that the pipe manufacturer moved out and you can see the fronts...
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com

Jeff D. Welker

Quote from: azbill on December 12, 2014, 03:28:05 PM
Very cool indeed Jeff!

Quote from: Jay Beckman on December 12, 2014, 03:53:53 PM
Much better facade down there now that the pipe manufacturer moved out and you can see the fronts...

Thanks Bill.

Jay; I've never been there before and didn't realize the facade had been blocked until recently. I got lucky, that's for sure.
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Scott Youmans

Jeff,  Love both of the Hangar shots.  I've always been intrigued with old aircraft hangars.  The ones in Tucson are great.  Never knew the details of their history.  Fascinating!
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Dave S.

I managed to capture this last Saturday night while a lot of you were out at the PASM night shoot.  I was a few miles away at the Arizona Sonora Desert Museum for a holiday party.  Even though I only had 200mm as my max focal length (resulting in a way too heavily cropped image), I still like how I was able to (after running around in the dark for ~ a mile chasing the moon to get the Saguaros back into the shot) get this handheld shot.
Constructive Comments & Critiques are always welcomed
All images © David Shields, all rights reserved
www.roxphotography.com
Some Canon bodies and lenses

Jeff D. Welker

Quote from: Scott Youmans on December 12, 2014, 07:04:40 PM
Jeff,  Love both of the Hangar shots.  I've always been intrigued with old aircraft hangars.  The ones in Tucson are great.  Never knew the details of their history.  Fascinating!

Thanks Scott. At first, I thought these hangars might have been the original location for the ANG. My dad used to make flights to TIA and DM back in the day and I wondered if these were hangars he visited. He says definitely no, but I take that with a grain of salt since he also can't remember my name  ;)

Ultimately, I Googled the hangars and came up with this - http://tucson.com/news/local/foothills/ring-s-reflections-historic-hangars-date-from-world-war-ii/article_536cbcb3-4ce1-5d86-9f31-10732b857f8e.html
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

John B.

A view of a firefighting exercise at Davis-Monthan AFB during an operartional readiness exercise:

Exercise at Sunset par John Bezosky Jr., on ipernity

Jeff D. Welker

Quote from: John B. on December 13, 2014, 10:01:20 AM
A view of a firefighting exercise at Davis-Monthan AFB during an operartional readiness exercise:

I really like the low light sunset/sunrise imagery. The graduation of tones from deep blue to dark blood read is excellent. Well done John.
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

John B.

Quote from: Jeff D. Welker on December 13, 2014, 10:44:44 AM
Quote from: John B. on December 13, 2014, 10:01:20 AM

I really like the low light sunset/sunrise imagery. The graduation of tones from deep blue to dark blood read is excellent. Well done John.

Thanks, Jeff!  Actually, the biggest thanks is owed to the clouds.  I suspect they were in exactly the right spot in the sky to make that transition a little easier...   

scottcolbath

A few old timey shots from the hangar at Flabob that Joe and I hit yesterday.

S.C.