News:

15th Anniversary | 2009 - 2024
15 Years | Over 30 MILLION Page Views

Main Menu

Non Aviation Photography Thread

Started by Jay Beckman, October 13, 2009, 09:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay Beckman

Had the opportunity to spend a few hours at Bodie on the way home from ISAP in Seattle...

Some Interiors:

General Store

Billiard Parlor / Saloon

Assayer's Lab

Residence

Methodist Church
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com
Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

scottcolbath

Looks like some hunter got a bit out of control. I wonder if those arrows were on the other side which I did not photograph last year.

S.C.

cpasley

One of the more fun panels I got to shoot at Phoenix Comicon 2013, it was called Fursuits - Building Secrets, btw the guy in the red my little pony suit was U.S. Army and served 3 tours in Afghanistan

Furry suit building panel by Pasley Aviation Photography, on Flickr

Tower Guy

Scott, I think we shot these from opposite sides. I wonder how often people stop to photograph this sign?

Tower Guy

Cool shot Chris, did you get some other shots like we talked about. ;)

Jay Beckman

Looking back at a portion of the Sierra Nevada while headed home from ISAP in Seattle...

Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com
Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Tower Guy

Beautiful, really enjoy the monochrome, thanks Ansel. I mean Jay!

Dave S.

I spent this weekend up in Durango, taking part in the Iron Horse Classic bike race that goes from Durango, and racing the old steam locomotive, all the way to Silverton.  There are a number of bike races that also take part in and around the town over the course of the three day weekend.  After my dismal performance on Saturday, I spent some time on Sunday getting shots of some better riders as they hustled through town.  One of the coolest races is the Pro Mountain Bike race.  Part of their lap involves riding through one of the local restaurants, exiting out the back end and descending a pretty steep ramp (built just for this race).

Constructive Comments & Critiques are always welcomed
All images © David Shields, all rights reserved
www.roxphotography.com
Some Canon bodies and lenses

cpasley

Quote from: Tower Guy on May 28, 2013, 10:15:23 AM
I did, if fact working on those now

Scott Youmans

Quote from: Jay Beckman on May 28, 2013, 05:23:23 PM
Looking back at a portion of the Sierra Nevada while headed home from ISAP in Seattle...
Gorgeous Jay!!
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Scott Youmans

Quote from: Dave S. on May 28, 2013, 06:52:42 PM
I spent this weekend up in Durango, taking part in the Iron Horse Classic bike race that goes from Durango, and racing the old steam locomotive, all the way to Silverton.  There are a number of bike races that also take part in and around the town over the course of the three day weekend.  After my dismal performance on Saturday, I spent some time on Sunday getting shots of some better riders as they hustled through town.  One of the coolest races is the Pro Mountain Bike race.  Part of their lap involves riding through one of the local restaurants, exiting out the back end and descending a pretty steep ramp (built just for this race).
Very nice work Dave.  Subjects well isolated from the background.  What lens were you using?
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Dave S.

Scott,

Thanks.  For the shots of the road bikes, I was using the venerable 70-200 2.8.  For the mountain bike stuff, I was switching back and forth between that and the 24-70 2.8.

- Dave
Constructive Comments & Critiques are always welcomed
All images © David Shields, all rights reserved
www.roxphotography.com
Some Canon bodies and lenses

Scott Youmans

That explains it. The photos have that fast lens look!
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

cpasley

Quote from: Tower Guy on May 28, 2013, 10:15:23 AM
Here you go Harvey, I think this is what you were looking for

Phoenix Comicon 2013 by Pasley Aviation Photography, on Flickr

Tower Guy

Thanks Chris, I was thinking more like her mother in a wonder woman outfit!