News:

15th Anniversary | 2009 - 2024
15 Years | Over 30 MILLION Page Views

Main Menu

Non Aviation Photography Thread

Started by Jay Beckman, October 13, 2009, 09:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen Marshall

These guys didn't seem to care too much about the cars. Must be used to it on the Island.
-- I'm Stephen Marshall and I approve this message.  |   Visit my Flickr.

wingsnstuff

There's lots of them in Nevada, New Mexico, and southern Colorado as well.  They're all over the Nellis Ranges.

Chris Janes

QuoteGoat in the road at Willie this morning.

Seriously, what the hell?

I know this is from a few pages back. but that goat looks like my ex-girlfriend. Sorry couldn't resist.

Joe Copalman

My nickel on the grass for Gus Grissom, Ed White, and Roger Chaffee at Pad 34 on Cape Canaveral Air Force Station. 
[/url
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Paul Dumm

Why a nickel? Is there a story behind it?
"You don't become a professional simply by earning certificates, adding ratings, or getting a paycheck for flying. Rather, professionalism is a mindset. It comes from having the attitude, the ethics, and the discipline to do the right thing — every time, all the time, regardless of who's watching."

Ned Harris

Peregrine Falcon photographed in Tucson on 5-23-10.

Ned Harris
Tucson, Arizona

Joe Copalman

Quote from: Paul Dumm on May 23, 2010, 03:33:04 PM
Why a nickel? Is there a story behind it?

It started out with an old Korean War fighter pilot song - "Throw a nickel on the grass, save a fighter pilot's ass" and grew from there into a tradition of tossing a nickel on the grass to honor the death of a fighter pilot.  Technically, Chaffee was not a fighter pilot (I believe he flew patrol planes in the Navy, just like Scott Carpenter), but Grissom and White certainly were. 
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

redsox223

BillOz

Very nice view.  Shouldn't there be a Corona sitting there on a table between the chairs?
Bill Osmun
www.afterburnerphoto.com       www.wideworldofaviation.com

redsox223

There should be, but as I didnt own those chairs and it was an impromtu shot, i dont think it would have been a good investment of time and money to perfect this shot.

David Loera

You don't concentrate on risks. You concentrate on results. No risk is too great to prevent the necessary job from getting done.
Chuck Yeager

David "Wiz" Loera
Mesa, AZ
All images © David Loera, all rights reserved.

redsox223

Chris V