Non Aviation Photography Thread

Started by Jay Beckman, October 13, 2009, 09:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob Silliman

wingsnstuff

Nice shot Rob.  Hummingbirds are so difficult to capture.  Very nice!

Jay Beckman

Quote from: Joe Copalman on May 01, 2012, 10:57:14 AM
I think you're thinking of a different airport, Jay.  Looked like it was laid out with the Terminal in between the two main runways (much like PHX) with FedEx's terminal on the east side of the airfield and some private FBOs/hangars/jet centers/whatever on the north and west sides.  Runways seemed pretty far from the terminal and main parking lot, not quite as far out as the outside runways at KIAH, but close to it. 

Looking at Google Earth, I see where they now have a mid-field terminal.  Last time I was in there, the terminal was those gates at the far NE corner of the field.

My memory was correct but I guess I just haven't been there in a while.
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com
Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Joe Copalman

"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

F-16_fixer

-Chris-

Joe Copalman

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Jay Beckman

Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com

F-16_fixer

-Chris-

wingsnstuff

...and he looks none too happy.  Nice shot... 

Ned Harris

Great catch Chris. You get the neatest stuff in your yard.
Ned Harris
Tucson, Arizona

Joe Copalman

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

David Loera

You don't concentrate on risks. You concentrate on results. No risk is too great to prevent the necessary job from getting done.
Chuck Yeager

David "Wiz" Loera
Mesa, AZ
All images © David Loera, all rights reserved.

John B.

While attempting to get to the Barry M. Goldwater Air Force Range I suffered a fuel pump failure.  So, I (along with fellow Azapper Andrew Boehly) were given the opportunity to enjoy the sights of sunny Gila Bend, Arizona.

In all actuality, we made the best of a frustrating situation.  It afforded me the opportunity to goof around in Photoshop and edit in ways that I normally just don't ever do. 

Gila Bend Breakdown #3 by John Bezosky Jr., on Flickr

Gila Bend Breakdown #12 by John Bezosky Jr., on Flickr

Gila Bend Breakdown #15 by John Bezosky Jr., on Flickr

Jay Beckman

Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com

Dave S.

I attended a workshop in Tucson a few weeks ago.  I had a good time and shot some things I never would have dreamed of shooting; rock climbers and cowboys (not at the same time, mind you - but on two separate days).  I must say that not only did I expand my comfort zone w.r.t. subject matter, I shot the entire weekend in Manual mode and I expanded my LR knowledge by about 50%.  Here are a couple of the better shots from the workshop.

This climber, Clay, traversed this pretty gnarly looking overhang.

This was almost an afterthought, Clay was just sitting around, waiting for his partner to finish a portrait session en mass.  I think I should title this one, Hands

From the Sunday session at the working dude ranch of Tanque Verde (yes, think 'City Slickers', but without Curly):

Constructive Comments & Critiques are always welcomed
All images © David Shields, all rights reserved
www.roxphotography.com
Some Canon bodies and lenses