AzAP Photo Challenge #32: Aircraft Reflections (June 26th - August 31st)

Started by Matt Ottosen, June 26, 2014, 05:09:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Photo Challenge #32: Aircraft Reflections

Bjorn van der Flier - Objects in Mirror
1 (9.1%)
Joe Copalman - REFLECTED GLORY
2 (18.2%)
Matt Ottosen - Reflecting on the Competition
5 (45.5%)
Harvey Brugger - How Much is that Airbus in the Window
3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: September 08, 2014, 08:42:18 AM

Matt Ottosen

The rules for this photo challenge are;

1.  The picture must be of an aircraft (singular or plural), but it/they can't be directly in the image.  The aircraft(s) must only be in a reflection (i.e. water, the glass on the side of a tall building, etc.).

2.  The photo must be taken during the challenge period.  The goal of the photo challenge is to get out and try something new, not to got through old pictures to find something that matches the theme.  Any photos posted that are taken outside of the challenge period will be deleted from the thread.

3.  One photo per member (you can change your photo as many times as you like until the deadline).

4.  Photos should be uploaded directly to the "Photo Challenge" thread for the current contest (this thread).

5.  All photos must be submitted to the Photo Challenge thread no later than 11:59pm Arizona (GMT-07) time on Sunday, July 27th.  Voting will begin on July 28th and close August 4th.  Any photos posted after the deadline will be deleted from the thread and not eligible for consideration.

6.  The winning photographer will select the theme for the next assignment.  Keep in mind that assignments that are aircraft- or airport-specific may limit the ability of other members to participate.

7.  Be safe and have fun!

Starting with Challenge #28: Sunrise/Sunset, and continuing in all future Challenge polls, you may vote for your own photo.
Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

The Legend of the Guardian of the Line
The Greek God "Linus" comes from the Greek name Λινος (Linos) meaning "leg."
In Greek legend, he was the son of the God Apollo who was accidentally killed when he stepped over the white line.

All images © Matt Ottosen | Ottosen Photography, all rights reserved.

Anna M. Wood

Matt Ottosen

Due to the lack of participation in this challenge, I have extended the deadline to August 17th.  That gives all of us a couple more weeks to get out and get our aircraft reflections.
Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

In Greek legend, he was the son of the God Apollo who was accidentally killed when he stepped over the white line.

Bjorn van der Flier

Thought to do the first entry as it appeared to me while working on the platform.

reflection challenge by Bjorn vd Flier, on Flickr

Bjorn van der Flier
Editor Showreports Scramble Magazine
-----------------------------------------
PO Box 75545
1118 ZN Schiphol
The Netherlands
E-mail: Bjorn.van.der.flier@scramble.nl
        Showreports@scramble.nl

Internet: www.scramble.nl

Matt Ottosen

I am surprised at the lack of participation in this challenge, including by myself.  But, due to this, I have extended the deadline (again) to August 31st.  That gives all of us a couple more weeks to get out and get our aircraft reflections.  If, at that time, nobody else has posted anything, Bjorn will be declared the winner.
Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

Joe Copalman

I've had a shot in mind since this started, but haven't had a chance to actually go and get it.  Need to double my efforts on this.
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Matt Ottosen

Only a few days left to submit a photo for this challenge, this Sunday is the final day for submissions.
Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

Mike Margolis

Like Joe, I've got the shot... But need to travel a few hundred miles to get it - it's waiting for me in Vegas. I'll be there next week - too late for this, but I'll share anyway if it works.
"Could be worse... Could be raining."

Joe Copalman

"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Matt Ottosen

A British Airways Boeing 747-400 reflecting in the US Airways building in Tempe, Arizona.

Reflecting on the Competition
Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

Matt Ottosen

It's time to cast your vote for the best Aircraft Reflections photo.
Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

Tower Guy

Congrats Matt, you Da Man, very nice shot, looking forward to what you select for the next challenge. Congrats again!

Matt Ottosen

Quote from: Tower Guy on September 12, 2014, 05:26:12 PM
Congrats Matt, you Da Man, very nice shot, looking forward to what you select for the next challenge. Congrats again!

Thank you, Harvey!
Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

Jeff D. Welker

Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.