Started by Chris Kennedy, October 11, 2013, 09:57:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Kennedy

Chris Kennedy
Peoria, AZ

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrisk48/

Images posted may not be copied or reproduced without permission

Bubak

Good PR for airplane spotting community.

Joe Copalman

Agreed.  Like I said in my previous comment, they did an okay job.
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Paul Dumm

AAAAGGGG I hate that name, why can't they go with aviation photographer, Spotter sounds like all we care about are tail numbers. Just my 2cents.
"You don't become a professional simply by earning certificates, adding ratings, or getting a paycheck for flying. Rather, professionalism is a mindset. It comes from having the attitude, the ethics, and the discipline to do the right thing — every time, all the time, regardless of who's watching."

Jeff D. Welker

Quote from: Paul Dumm on October 12, 2013, 08:45:17 AM
AAAAGGGG I hate that name, why can't they go with aviation photographer, Spotter sounds like all we care about are tail numbers. Just my 2cents.

I'm not a big fan of the "spotter" moniker either Paul, but I don't see it as a pejorative. Fact is, many of our fellow aviation photographers do care about the tail numbers. I probably would too, but my brain is too small to hold all the information  ;D
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Joe Copalman

Nah, some people are just into that stuff and others aren't.  Some guys aren't into airliners, or general aviation, or even military stuff.  People are just into different things.  Some people are content editing their images per the rigid guidelines of some long-established photo websites in hopes of getting one past the screeners, and others are perfectly happy posting shots of purple A-10s or trying to use photo editing software to mimic the look of platinum-palladium prints.  I personally do not identify with the term "spotting," and it's a term we deliberately avoided when we started AzAP.  When you look at the definition of the term on spotting websites, it describes a type of shooting that most of the guys who were involved in AzAP from the beginning really weren't into. 

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Jeff D. Welker

Spotter or not, who doesn't love a purple A-10  ;)
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Joe Copalman

My hunch is the Nazis would have found them problematic.   ;D

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ