Started by Chris Kennedy, January 03, 2013, 03:46:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Kennedy

Chris Kennedy
Peoria, AZ

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrisk48/

Images posted may not be copied or reproduced without permission

Dave S.

I don't think it's just this blog.  I did a quick search on Google, and there are a number of places reporting the same thing.  I didn't spend too much time looking at their sources (had some paint I needed to watch dry), so they may all be sourcing from the same person.
Constructive Comments & Critiques are always welcomed
All images © David Shields, all rights reserved
www.roxphotography.com
Some Canon bodies and lenses

Jeff D. Welker

Quote from: GX on January 04, 2013, 09:02:41 AM
From an operational standpoint, this makes absolutely no sense, and is completely flawed and bogus. Honestly, everything. From the ATC perspective only, this guy has absolutely no idea what he is talking about.

"Blogs" should be found under the Fiction and Fantasy section of the internets. Bloggers should have their own special section, and "Conspiracy theorists" should be at internet equivalent of "Yearbook Club".  

Bo; Why don't you educate me and other members of the group and explain why ("from an operational standpoint") "this makes no sense, and is completely flawed and bogus"? From an "ATC perspective", why do you conclude that "this guy has absolutely no idea what he is talking about"? Not all of us have the vast military experience that you do and may not understand your statements of fact.

Regarding "blogs", AzAP has a "blog". I have many family and friends that have wonderful blogs which are very informative, educational, and entertaining. What special section should they have for their blogs?
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Joe Copalman

I think regardless of the operational details or procedural stuff (keep in mind that the original report this supposedly stems from comes from the Russian intelligence service, and that some of the details may have been poorly translated, and by people without the specific knowledge to get the minutiae correct in their own langauge, let alone a foreign one), the fact that this story has been largely limited to conspiracy-theory-oriented blogs for almost a week now and has not shown up among the major wire services or news stations says everything it needs to about its veracity. 

That's not to say that all blogs are rubbish, but rather that the ones who cling to and perpetuate conspiracy theories are typically pretty terrible and unreliable.  There are quite a few mil-bloggers out there who are competent and get it right most of the time.
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ