News:

15th Anniversary | 2009 - 2024
15 Years | Over 30 MILLION Page Views

Main Menu

Lockheed-Martin F-16E/F Block 60 "Desert Viper"

Started by Ned Harris, September 06, 2009, 06:12:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Dumm

"You don't become a professional simply by earning certificates, adding ratings, or getting a paycheck for flying. Rather, professionalism is a mindset. It comes from having the attitude, the ethics, and the discipline to do the right thing — every time, all the time, regardless of who's watching."

bilwor

Have wing tanks been added to any more Block 60s. None with wing tanks have flown the last two mornings. The first 5 leave two weeks from today, I thought they would be flying them more.
bill word
bill word
Tucson, AZ

F-16_fixer

Yes they loaded some more over the weekend but I'm not sure when they are scheduled to fly.  What you have to keep in mind is there is not as many UAE pilots as there are American pilots and only the UAE guys need to train with the tanks so you will not see as many of them with tanks flying.  I would guess in the next few days it will pick up more and more.
-Chris-

F-16_fixer

-Chris-

John B.

Wow.  Love the light. 

I guess we have to keep getting them while we still can.  Thanks for posting!

F-16_fixer

Thanks, I hate to see these guys go but I also can't wait for the Dutch to take their place.
-Chris-

Joe Copalman

Quote from: F-16_fixer on October 07, 2010, 09:35:39 AM
Thanks, I hate to see these guys go but I also can't wait for the Dutch to take their place.

Hopefully they'll do more than just walk up and down the flightline writing down the serials of all the other aircraft.   ;D
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

F-16_fixer

Quote from: Joe Copalman on October 07, 2010, 10:39:51 AM
Quote from: F-16_fixer on October 07, 2010, 09:35:39 AM

Hopefully they'll do more than just walk up and down the flightline writing down the serials of all the other aircraft.   ;D

You're like the third person that has said that.  Am I missing something here?
-Chris-

Joe Copalman

Dutch aviation photographers, or more accurately "spotters," have a reputation for being obsessed with logging serials and making lists of all the aircraft present at a given base when they visit.  We'll get groups of them every few months, typically when there's a Red Flag going on at Nellis, and they just go from base to base with their spotting scopes and their notepads, making their lists and freaking out the SecFor guys.  Quite a few Brits are into this as well, but the Dutch seem to be the most prolific, not to mention the most tenacious. 
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

F-16_fixer

-Chris-

Daniel DeSart

Finally caught a F-16E Desert Viper. Not really the shot I wanted, but I am happy with it. "My camera just wasn't agreeing with me today" :P

wingsnstuff

Chris,

What a beautiful shot of this Desert Viper.  Way to take advantage of the sweet sunlight to enhance the beautiful lines if this aircraft.  Nicely done!

bilwor

bill word
Tucson, AZ

Daniel DeSart

Does anyone know exactly when these guys are do to leave?

Like to know how much more time I have left to get a real keeper of a shot.