Arizona Aviation Photographers (AzAP)
15th Anniversary | 2009 - 2024
15 Years | Over 29 MILLION Page Views

Main Menu

New High Mark For Flickr Visits/Views

Started by wingsnstuff, September 20, 2012, 11:24:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wingsnstuff

Not sure if anyone cares, but I was surprised this morning to see that my Flickr site was visited 15,155 times since last night at 5pm.  Wow!  I've received 380,655 views on my site as of this morning.   :o

Chris Kennedy

I had a big peak of over 5,000 yesterday, 93% from unknown source. I think something strange is happening. I normally get 500-600 a day.
Chris Kennedy
Peoria, AZ

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrisk48/

Images posted may not be copied or reproduced without permission

Rob Silliman

Same here - are the majority (95+%) of the referrals from an 'unknown source' ?

Prob some search engine/bot scanning through Flickr's pictures....

wingsnstuff

Today's numbers are certainly outside the norm.  The biggest spike previously was just over a thousand and the average is probably around two to three hundred per day.  Yesterday was slightly over 700, but this morning was quite a surprise and it's still climbing.  Interesting

Joe Copalman

Quote from: Chris Kennedy on September 20, 2012, 11:37:13 AM
I had a big peak of over 5,000 yesterday, 93% from unknown source. I think something strange is happening. I normally get 500-600 a day.

Had the same surge yesterday, over 5k views, most from "unknown source."  Assumed it was a bot.  Normally, legit spikes will have a ton of views on one or two images if I get something that hits explore or a plane crashes or something.
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ