Tucson International Airport (TUS, KTUS)

Started by Matt Ottosen, September 02, 2009, 06:18:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Janes

Bill,
Great Shots of the 206...Thank You! I was looking for you down by the firehouse when I departed and leveled off for a little bit after take off just in case you were down there. Looks like you were on the Atlantic ramp.
That white billboard looks hideous but it allows it to fly until all the paperwork is submitted for the other tail number.
The 206 has A LOT!! of power with the turbine up front even when it's hot out the thing just wants to climb.
Again great shots!!

bilwor

Chris, I wasn't sure which runway you would use 21 or 11 but I knew you would come by Atlantic which ever one you used. Thanks again for the update.
bill
bill word
Tucson, AZ

Barry Griffiths

Great teamwork, Chris and Bill. I'm looking forward to seeing more shots of the 206; it's a great looking aircraft.
Barry Griffiths
Tucson, Arizona & Waterloo, Ontario

bilwor

bill word
Tucson, AZ

bilwor

TUS 06/09/14
Lockheed HC-130H "Hercules" (4999)(USCG 1707)(Coast Guard Air Station Kodiak)(Ordered as USAF 83-0506)

url=https://flic.kr/p/nCMVby][/url]Lockheed HC-130H Hercules cn4999 USCG 1707 Kodiak d by Bill Word, on Flickr

bill word
Tucson, AZ

John B.

bilwor

bill word
Tucson, AZ

Scott Youmans

Quote from: bilwor on June 09, 2014, 04:04:21 PM
TUS 06/09/14
Lockheed HC-130H "Hercules" (4999)(USCG 1707)(Coast Guard Air Station Kodiak)(Ordered as USAF 83-0506)
Very nice Bill!  Haven't seen one of those in years.
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Barry Griffiths

Bill ................. that's a big-time winner!  As soon as I leave Tucson the "good stuff`appears!
Barry Griffiths

bilwor

bill word
Tucson, AZ

Scott Youmans

Quote from: Chris Janes on June 06, 2014, 05:50:57 PM
Bill,
Great Shots of the 206...Thank You! I was looking for you down by the firehouse when I departed and leveled off for a little bit after take off just in case you were down there. Looks like you were on the Atlantic ramp.
That white billboard looks hideous but it allows it to fly until all the paperwork is submitted for the other tail number.
The 206 has A LOT!! of power with the turbine up front even when it's hot out the thing just wants to climb.
Again great shots!!
Bill, Chris, just read this post realized that perhaps the "Turbo" in the name doesn't mean turbocharged!  Is it turbine powered or turbocharged? Pretty cool aircraft in either case.
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

bilwor

Scott, it has a Rolls Royce 250-B17F/2 Turbo prop engine. It is Turbine powered and develops 450shp. This is the same engine that's in the other 206 the Pima County Sheriff is getting. Chris can answer much better than I can.

bill
bill word
Tucson, AZ

Scott Youmans

Thanks for the info Bill.  That basic turbine engine (originally Allison) has been around a long time as you probably know, having powered the OH-6A and OH-58.  Gives the 206 quite a boost over the piston engine without a doubt!  Must be a blast to fly especially when lightly loaded.  The airplane, not the pilot!
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

bilwor

TUS 06/11/14 Lots of heat waves
Airbus A310-304MRTT (Multi Role Tanker Transport) cn523 Luftwaffe 10+27 1 Staffel FBS BMVg Koln-Bonn Airport doing touch and go

Airbus A310-304MRTT cn523 Luftwaffe 10+27 1 Staffer Koln-Bonn Airport i by Bill Word, on Flickr
bill word
Tucson, AZ

Barry Griffiths

Congrats, Bill. That Luftwaffe bird is a dynamite catch!  Pleased to see that you keep on coming up with the rarities!
Barry Griffiths