Wickenburg Fly-In & Classic Car Show plus Thunderbird 150 Air Race - Sat. 10/13

Started by Chris Kennedy, August 31, 2012, 04:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

scottcolbath

Just about all my takeoff shots from today are junk. I did something wrong.

That Beech was beautiful. I was talking to the owners. The husband does the wrenching and the wife does all the polishing. They are both licensed to fly it.

S.C.

Joe Copalman

Well, not too bummed I missed it then.  Was hoping that gorgeous Spartan Executive would have been there.
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

FelipeG

Yeah I showed up at like 10 something. I also missed the Galaxy/G200 that landed right as we were pulling out of the parking lot. Managed to talk to Chris, Rob and Scott for a few minutes.

scottcolbath

Jay Beckman

Was that Ron Pratt's Twin Beech .. flown by Larry Perkins and his wife?
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com
Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

FelipeG

Chris Kennedy

Quote from: Jay Beckman on October 13, 2012, 11:42:41 PM
Was that Ron Pratt's Twin Beech .. flown by Larry Perkins and his wife?

No. The owner is listed as Leland Jones of Wasilla, Alaska. N5804C.

Chris Kennedy
Peoria, AZ

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrisk48/

Images posted may not be copied or reproduced without permission

scottcolbath

Those of you who were there for the air race, if you have any shots you think may be good enough for the Sport Air Racing League magazine, please let me know. Jason Rovey has spoken with someone from the mag and she wants pics.

S.C.

scottcolbath

I'm in love with this Lancair. This guy was actually the first person to purchase pictures from my Smugmug account.

This plane won the race. It cruised at 13,000 feet. On the descent back to Wickenburg, he hit 391 MPH. Nice. He did the entire race in 28 minutes.

Jason Rovey.

He is on the Wickenburg airport commission with me. He wants me to do some air-to-air shots with him. Looking forward to that.

S.C.

FelipeG

Hey Scott, just out of curiosity, is the Merlin parked over by the hangars in flying condition? it looks like it hasn't moved in a while

scottcolbath

Quote from: FelipeG on October 17, 2012, 09:21:55 PM
Hey Scott, just out of curiosity, is the Merlin parked over by the hangars in flying condition? it looks like it hasn't moved in a while

I'm no expert on plane IDs, but I'm pretty sure I know which you are talking about, and that belongs to my dentist. He has not touched it in over a year. I was just talking about this with him a couple weeks ago. He needs to get his aviation medical certification renewed. Also, he has purchased a Nissan GTR, and that has taken over as his first love. I get it. Fuel for the Merlin is not cheap and the GTR offers a huge thrill-for-the-buck value compared to the aircraft.

S.C.

FelipeG

It appears to be registered to a UTHOFF DAVID C, it's the white with blue stripes one.

scottcolbath

Quote from: FelipeG on October 18, 2012, 12:10:27 AM
It appears to be registered to a UTHOFF DAVID C, it's the white with blue stripes one.

Yup. That's him. That reminds me. In need to make an appointment to get a crown done.

S.C.