News:

15th Anniversary | 2009 - 2024
15 Years | Over 30 MILLION Page Views

Main Menu

Neil Armstrong has passed away...

Started by Dave S., August 25, 2012, 01:11:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave S.

Sad news today.  Neil Armstrong, the first person to step foot on the moon, has passed away.  From Yahoo News: "Neil Armstrong was a quiet self-described nerdy engineer who became a global hero when as a steely-nerved pilot he made "one giant leap for mankind"...

Full Story here: http://news.yahoo.com/neil-armstrong-1st-man-moon-dies-193954975.html
Constructive Comments & Critiques are always welcomed
All images © David Shields, all rights reserved
www.roxphotography.com
Some Canon bodies and lenses

Matt Ottosen

"For those who may ask what they can do to honor Neil, we have a simple request. Honor his example of service, accomplishment and modesty, and the next time you walk outside on a clear night and see the moon smiling down at you, think of Neil Armstrong and give him a wink."

http://neilarmstronginfo.com/statement/
Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

The Legend of the Guardian of the Line
The Greek God "Linus" comes from the Greek name Λινος (Linos) meaning "leg."
In Greek legend, he was the son of the God Apollo who was accidentally killed when he stepped over the white line.

All images © Matt Ottosen | Ottosen Photography, all rights reserved.

David Loera

You don't concentrate on risks. You concentrate on results. No risk is too great to prevent the necessary job from getting done.
Chuck Yeager

David "Wiz" Loera
Mesa, AZ
All images © David Loera, all rights reserved.

Matt Ottosen

Quote from: David Loera on August 25, 2012, 11:03:47 PM
Well Said Matt
R.I.P.

Thanks, but I didn't say it.  It's a quote from the Statement from the Family of Neil Armstrong (see the link I posted above).
Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

The Legend of the Guardian of the Line
The Greek God "Linus" comes from the Greek name Λινος (Linos) meaning "leg."
In Greek legend, he was the son of the God Apollo who was accidentally killed when he stepped over the white line.

All images © Matt Ottosen | Ottosen Photography, all rights reserved.

Chris Janes

I briefly met Neil Armstrong at the Telluride airport a few years ago. Not sure if anyone on the boards is familiar with KTEX but the FBO and airline passenger terminal are in the same building. I was there in the FBO waiting to pick up some passengers and he had flown in on the airlines. He was there to dedicate the new runway at KTEX. He had walked into the FBO side of the building where I was fortunate enough to have been able to shake his hand and say hi.. Though brief it was an honor to have met him.
R.I.P Neil Armstrong