AZWING CAF ICAS Banner - Call for Entries

Started by phxtoad, August 23, 2012, 03:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phxtoad

Hi all,

I am volunteering my meager graphic design skills to help create a collage for the Arizona Wing CAF.  The banner will be displayed at the our booth this winter at ICAS.

We need BOLD images of the Wing's aircraft - both static and flying.  The display area is limited to about 24"x60" (half a booth wide) and I need to get a lot on there.  The preference is for no watermarks.  I am going to include a by-line for each photographer, so please provide what info you would like shown.   Either vertical or horizontal format is acceptable.

I am calling for entries.  If interested, and you are OK with the usage, please post some ones YOU like in this thread.

There's no voting, etc. I'm going to pick based on this scientific method: "Oh that one is the coolest".  I'll post the graphic when it's done and approved by the Wing.

THANK YOU for helping the Arizona Wing!

Todd Lawrence
Todd Lawrence

Rank Amateur at just about everything.

Jay Beckman

Is this project being done through the Wing's Media Unit or did this come from somewhere else?
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com
Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

phxtoad

Jay,

Sorry for the delayed response.  I will check in with XO Herb Zinn and Dick Exler regarding the Media Unit.  I don't think they are involved at this point.  Herb and Dick had just asked me to start developing a concept.

I thought it would be a good idea to use AzAP shots since most tend to be a lot more dynamic than some of the ones the Wing has used in the past.

Todd
Todd Lawrence

Jay Beckman

You might want to touch base with Mike Rodriguez who is the head of the Media Unit.  I'm sure he'd appreciate it.

Not to be the wet blanket, but one of Mike's "pet peeves" is "back channel" use of images of wing aircraft.
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com

phxtoad

We contacted Mike and he'd given us the green light!

Anyone interested?

Todd
Todd Lawrence

Joe Copalman

"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Joe Copalman

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Joe Copalman

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Jay Beckman

Sorry for "picking nits" regarding proper channels.  The Media Unit is a fairly new animal at the CAF and lots of folks don't really know it exists or why it exists...

Many of these have already been donated for another project (Joyce in the PX has the discs) but...
(FYI: Rumor Mills says "Cripes" may not return in the fall...)

Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com

wingsnstuff

phxtoad

No worries from me!  I'm all for the greasy wheel.  I've been immersed in enough Wing drama over the years.  Best to stay on the high road when possible  :)

Great shots everyone.  I'm pretty sure we'll be limiting the banner to just the Wing's own aircraft (vs. guests) given the space - I should have mentioned that earlier.  

However, maybe a 'Guests' board would look nice alongside the banner?  Maybe I'll float that one by Exler...

Keep 'em coming.

For credits I want to overlay a black by-line near the bottom of each image, with the photographer's name in white text.  Ideally legible from 6' away.

Thanks again everyone!

TL
Todd Lawrence

Joe Copalman

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Chris V

Matt Ottosen

Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

The Legend of the Guardian of the Line
The Greek God "Linus" comes from the Greek name Λινος (Linos) meaning "leg."
In Greek legend, he was the son of the God Apollo who was accidentally killed when he stepped over the white line.

All images © Matt Ottosen | Ottosen Photography, all rights reserved.

phxtoad

Nice stuff, everyone!

Anyone have shots of the L-bird?  Even a hangar/maintenance shot would work.

Thanks,

Todd
Todd Lawrence