Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX, KPHX)

Started by Matt Ottosen, June 15, 2009, 09:24:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt Ottosen

I think I rushed the original to market just a little to quickly.  I spent some time reworking it, and I like this version better.

Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

The Legend of the Guardian of the Line
The Greek God "Linus" comes from the Greek name Λινος (Linos) meaning "leg."
In Greek legend, he was the son of the God Apollo who was accidentally killed when he stepped over the white line.

All images © Matt Ottosen | Ottosen Photography, all rights reserved.

Scott Youmans

Yes, much better!  Love that NZ 757 tanker Matt.  Quite an unusual catch.  Timing on the 787 wasn't too bad either!  Here's my humble shot from late this morning.  I saw it take off while I was at the office this morning along with a number of Texan IIs and a T-38 or two.  Fortunately the 787 came back and two T-38s left as well after I got to 40th Street.  I really didn't expect to see anything.  The heat distortion was horrendous but still got a couple of decent shots when the distance was at a minimum.
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Matt Ottosen

Quote from: Scott Youmans on March 08, 2015, 09:05:32 PM
Yes, much better!  Love that NZ 757 tanker Matt.  Quite an unusual catch.  Timing on the 787 wasn't too bad either!

Thanks Scott!  Yesterday was quite the unusual day out at Sky Harbor.  Nice work on your 787 shot.  American has two 787-8s in the mix now, they appear to be running about an hour apart.
Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

In Greek legend, he was the son of the God Apollo who was accidentally killed when he stepped over the white line.

Scott Youmans

Thanks Matt.  In regard to the two 787s, cool!  I'll have to bring my equipment to work and see if I can catch one of them.  Here's the best of the soft T-38s.  You spend all that money on a lens only to be defeated by hot air!
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Scott Youmans

Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Ross Dinsdale

Quote from: Matt Ottosen on March 08, 2015, 08:56:23 PM
I think I rushed the original to market just a little to quickly.  I spent some time reworking it, and I like this version better.

This image right here is the my favorite out of the slurry everyone has been seeing so far of the 787.  Dig the colors of the sky and how it slowly leaks of the body.  Something you'd almost see in a dream.
Turd Ferguson
Las Vegas, Nevada
Comments and Critique are always welcome.

"Chair Juggling Extraordinaire"

Matt Ottosen

Quote from: Ross Dinsdale on March 08, 2015, 11:45:02 PM
This image right here is the my favorite out of the slurry everyone has been seeing so far of the 787.  Dig the colors of the sky and how it slowly leaks of the body.  Something you'd almost see in a dream.

Thanks Ross!
Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

Brian Lockett

Amercian's second 787 N801AC paid another visit to Sky Harbor this morning.

Shortly before the 787 arrived, American Airbus A321-231 N581UW banked left and right very late in its approach. Compare this picture to the profile shot of the 787 below. It appears that it had lined up on the taxiways to the south of the runway and tried to correct. After I got home, I looked up the flight (American AWE561 from Orlando, Florida) on Flightaware. It did not complete this landing. It made a go-around and landed on the second attempt.

American Boeing 787-823 N801AC arriving from Lambert-St. Louis Airport.

American Boeing 787-823 N801AC departing for Dallas-Fort Worth.

Scott Youmans

BOEING 787-800 - I can thank Anna for motivating me with her post to go to 40th Street.  I was convinced, even after I arrived that it would land on 26 but it didn't. This morning one of them was expected to land around 8:15 or so (I think) and I was looking out of our windows to see it.  No sooner did I give up and walk away it flew straight down runway 8, gear up, before landing!  Hope somebody got that!
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Dave S.

Scott, beautiful catch.

Even though we missed the 787, Jeff and I were rewarded with some gorgeous light.

Symmetry in a sunset silhouette
Constructive Comments & Critiques are always welcomed
All images © David Shields, all rights reserved
www.roxphotography.com
Some Canon bodies and lenses

Scott Youmans

Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Jeff D. Welker

Wowzer Scott and Dave. Gorgeous images and light.

FLORIDA
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Dave S.

Tonight's last volley from me...

Welcome to the Valley of the Sun...
Constructive Comments & Critiques are always welcomed
All images © David Shields, all rights reserved
www.roxphotography.com
Some Canon bodies and lenses

Matt Ottosen

Quote from: Scott Youmans on March 09, 2015, 08:43:45 PM
BOEING 787-800 - I can thank Anna for motivating me with her post to go to 40th Street.  I was convinced, even after I arrived that it would land on 26 but it didn't. This morning one of them was expected to land around 8:15 or so (I think) and I was looking out of our windows to see it.  No sooner did I give up and walk away it flew straight down runway 8, gear up, before landing!  Hope somebody got that!

Very nice, Scott!  I didn't listen to Anna, and I paid the price.  I left 40th Street about 15 minutes prior to arrival for Air Lane, I chose poorly.
Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

Matt Ottosen

Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ