News:

15th Anniversary | 2009 - 2024
15 Years | Over 30 MILLION Page Views

Main Menu

Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX, KPHX)

Started by Matt Ottosen, June 15, 2009, 09:24:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott Youmans

Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Joe Copalman

"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Tower Guy

Very nice shot Scott, with all the great shots coming out of PHX lately, I don't remember seeing any with these rock formations as the background.

Jeff D. Welker

After all the holiday shooting at PHX, I felt like Sky Harbor and I needed a rest. Just as I put my camera case away, my Dad called this afternoon and asked if I'd take him to 40th Street so he could capture a few arrivals/departures. My afternoon was relatively clear, so off we went. I did not check FlightAware before we left so I had no idea what we might find. Had an interesting surprise when the New York Knicks taxied out in their clean 737-400 for departure to Sacramento where they play a game against the Kings tomorrow evening.

Later, a UPS MD-11 arrived in some decent late afternoon light. You'll note the "World" charter in the background. It is my understanding that this is the University of Oregon's "ride" to and from the Fiesta Bowl.

Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Scott Youmans

Quote from: Tower Guy on December 27, 2012, 08:49:50 PM
Very nice shot Scott, with all the great shots coming out of PHX lately, I don't remember seeing any with these rock formations as the background.
Thanks Harvey, Papago Buttes are certainly unusual formations, similar to the head of Camelback Mountain.
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

mrblujet

Quote from: Jeff Welker on December 27, 2012, 09:43:52 PM
After all the holiday shooting at PHX, I felt like Sky Harbor and I needed a rest. Just as I put my camera case away, my Dad called this afternoon and asked if I'd take him to 40th Street so he could capture a few arrivals/departures. My afternoon was relatively clear, so off we went. I did not check FlightAware before we left so I had no idea what we might find. Had an interesting surprise when the New York Knicks taxied out in their clean 737-400 for departure to Sacramento where they play a game against the Kings tomorrow evening.

Later, a UPS MD-11 arrived in some decent late afternoon light. You'll note the "World" charter in the background. It is my understanding that this is the University of Oregon's "ride" to and from the Fiesta Bowl.

Actually, that World MD-11 was a charter for the Michigan State football team for their match-up against Texas Christian in the Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl over at Sun Devil Stadium.  The aircraft originated from East Lansing, MI.

Jeff D. Welker

Quote from: mrblujet on December 28, 2012, 10:15:49 AM
Actually, that World MD-11 was a charter for the Michigan State football team for their match-up against Texas Christian in the Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl over at Sun Devil Stadium.  The aircraft originated from East Lansing, MI.

Thank you for that clarification. The Spartans also travel well  ;D
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Joe Copalman

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Jeff D. Welker

Quote from: Joe Copalman on December 28, 2012, 10:49:27 AM
BIG FISH

I've been waiting for this image - most excellent Joe. What focal length is your fisheye?
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Joe Copalman

Thanks Jeff!  It's a true 8mm for APS-C sensors.  Scott has a 14mm version of this lens made for full-frame sensors, and when we've compared shots, mine is clearly more "fishy" than his.  Honestly, the ocho is a bit too wide for me, but for the price, I'm not complaining.

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Scott Youmans

Great shot Joe!  It's nice that you've got a good bit of the street and the whole aircraft.  I'll have to give my 14 a try in that spot.
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Matt Ottosen

farewell, JOLLY everGREEN GIANT

Boeing 747-212B(SF)
Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

The Legend of the Guardian of the Line
The Greek God "Linus" comes from the Greek name Λινος (Linos) meaning "leg."
In Greek legend, he was the son of the God Apollo who was accidentally killed when he stepped over the white line.

All images © Matt Ottosen | Ottosen Photography, all rights reserved.

Jay Beckman

Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com

Jay Beckman

Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com