Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX, KPHX)

Started by Matt Ottosen, June 15, 2009, 09:24:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anna M. Wood

Air Force One, Boeing VC-25, SAM 29000
President Obama departing Phoenix Sky Harbor, March 13, 2015.

From the north side on Air Lane and 40th St

Tower Guy

Very nice Anna, I really like the tail end shots, a view not often photographed. Nice work.

Anna M. Wood

Quote from: Tower Guy on March 13, 2015, 06:58:37 PM
Very nice Anna, I really like the tail end shots, a view not often photographed. Nice work.

Thank you Harvey.....

Scott Youmans

Great shots Anna and Harvey!  Most of mine were heavily affected by heat. Especially the landing shots from T3 parking.  This is one of the few keepers shot from T4 parking.  Thanks Ross for posting the times.
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Chris V

Dan Mitchell

I'll post more when I'm back at my computer.

Jay Beckman

Stellar coverage folks!

And what did Sky Harbor post on their official FB page?
Some seriously poor cell phone snaps...

Seriously, who do we need to talk to over there?
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com
Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Jay Beckman

Quote from: Dan Mitchell on March 13, 2015, 05:52:41 PM
So FYI... don't know if this will ever happen again, but I was on the 6th floor parking deck of Terminal 3 for the arrival of Air Force One. I left and came back for the departure. I was there for a good hour and a half or so. Well, 3:00 comes and goes, and the Phoenix PD came and, at the request of the Secret Service, kicked everyone- photographers and people there just wanting to catch a glimpse- off of Terminal 3.

I barely made it to Terminal 4 on the Sky Train.

Thought it was interesting. Also making me wonder what I need to do to get myself some press credentials so I don't have an issue in the future!

If the migration was at the behest of the Secret Service, there's no credential known to man that would let you stay where they don't want you...
Best to smile and say "No Problem..."
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com
Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Anna M. Wood

Quote from: Jay Beckman on March 14, 2015, 01:02:52 AM
Stellar coverage folks!

And what did Sky Harbor post on their official FB page?
Some seriously poor cell phone snaps...

Seriously, who do we need to talk to over there?

I noticed that as well.   Looked more like screen grabs from a TV.   Pretty bad.....

Chris Janes

Quote from: Jay Beckman on March 14, 2015, 01:04:17 AM
If the migration was at the behest of the Secret Service, there's no credential known to man that would let you stay where they don't want you...
Best to smile and say "No Problem..."

An offering of a couple Jack and Cokes might work these days..... ;D ;D   but it is best to smile and move on.

Nice shots of AF1 everyone.

Dan Mitchell

Jay and Chris- I know, and I did. I just thought it was interesting. I'd been standing up there quite conspicuously for a good hour or so. If they didn't want people there, it would've been nice to let us know sooner, that's all.

And my comment about credentials was more so I could get into the "press only" areas. Had a couple of friends with credentials post their pics, and I don't mind admitting I was a little envious of their vantage points.

Scott Youmans

"One" more...
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved