Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX, KPHX)

Started by Matt Ottosen, June 15, 2009, 09:24:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt Ottosen

Boeing 737-890
Alaska Airlines
"Spirit of the Islands"

Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

The Legend of the Guardian of the Line
The Greek God "Linus" comes from the Greek name Λινος (Linos) meaning "leg."
In Greek legend, he was the son of the God Apollo who was accidentally killed when he stepped over the white line.

All images © Matt Ottosen | Ottosen Photography, all rights reserved.

Dave S.

Quote from: BillOz on February 25, 2012, 12:35:05 AM
Here's a little multiple exposure experiment I worked on out at Sky Harbor Friday 25-Feb-2012 morning.
This is the South runways departure traffic from 8:00-8:26 A.M.
I still have another ~1.5 hrs. more to add, but thought I'd post what I've done so far.
This is not handheld shots of 19 airplanes thrown together. 
I set the camera on a tripod, aimed at the tower, set the lens at 70 mm, focused once and then turned off the AF and stabilization.
When a plane took off, I snapped a few shots of it.
Then in the computer, I took a single shot of each airplane, masked the airplanes, and copied them all into one shot, with the planes in the exact position, relative to the tower as in each original photo.
Nothing super technical, original, or magical, but I thought I'd like to give it a try.
I think it came out kinda cool.

This is basically what used to be able to be done with a film camera, where you would wind the shutter, but leave the film in place for multiple exposures on the same frame.  Most decent SLRs had a button on the bottom of the camera, which could be pushed to not advance the film when the shutter was wound.

I think Bill may have been the inspiration for this shot...too bad Bill didn't receive all the same accolades

http://fstoppers.com/my-photo-went-viral-and-nothing-could-have-prepared-me-for-what-happened-after

Constructive Comments & Critiques are always welcomed
All images © David Shields, all rights reserved
www.roxphotography.com
Some Canon bodies and lenses

Jeff D. Welker

Quote from: Dave S. on April 15, 2014, 08:05:33 AM

I think Bill may have been the inspiration for this shot...too bad Bill didn't receive all the same accolades

http://fstoppers.com/my-photo-went-viral-and-nothing-could-have-prepared-me-for-what-happened-after

To bad this fellow couldn't have given Oz some credit for the inspiration. It wouldn't have hurt his 15-minutes of fame one bit. No matter, we know Billiam is the originator and his image is far superior. 
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Joe Copalman

Actually, the photographer does credit his inspiration, a photographer named Ho-Yeol Ryu, who took this image several years ago: http://www.homato.com/2005_8.html.  Not to take anything away from Bill's awesome work, but I think that Ryu's image had been around for a while by the time Bill did his - if I recall correctly, there was some discussion on this forum about the different techniques used to create the images, and I think this guy Mike Kelley makes the same points in his bloggy thing that Bill made back then about that image.  Hmm.  Maybe Bill was the inspiration?
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Jonathan Navarro

A shot that I took last week from 40th Street at sunset.

RAGE THE NIGHT AWAY by Jonathan Navarro, on Flickr

Jeff D. Welker

^^^^^^ Superior image Johnathan. Well done young man.
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Anna M. Wood

A variety of aircraft from April 11th.  Went out for my first try catching the British Airways 747.  Got a few other decent shots with GASP!!!!  Clouds in the background.   ;D  Also an F-18 for a bit extra variety.

Chris Janes

Nice shots Anna.. I like the way the frontier 319 stands out

Anna M. Wood

Thanks Chris....  The Frontier shot turned out especially sharp for the Tamron zoom.  I like that one the best from the shots that evening.

Scott Youmans

Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Scott Youmans

The new winglets...
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Scott Youmans

Early Bird - This morning at Sky Harbor
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

FelipeG

Cool shot. And interesting, last time I saw Warrior one it had the traditional winglets.

Scott Youmans

737 after sundown. Nothing too great except that it was shot at ISO 6400, f/8, 1/500th sec with a Nikon Df. Lots of NR using Lightroom. The original file was a jpeg (oops). And to think the "fast" Kodachrome was ISO(ASA) 64! They made Kodachrome 200 but it was awful unless you had no other choice.
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Stephen Marshall

Spent some time out at Tempe Beach Park and got this shot last night.

Tempe at Night by drmonocle, on Flickr

Figure I was close enough to Sky Harbor.

-- I'm Stephen Marshall and I approve this message.  |   Visit my Flickr.