Peoria, AZ

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrisk48/

Images posted may not be copied or reproduced without permission

cpasley

Its not complicated

1.Enough storage space to store and back up photos
2.something with a decent video card with HD outputs
3.Nice big monitor 22" or bigger preferably LED so its nice and bright

-most systems now have enough speed and memory to handle Photoshop or Lightroom, building a system specifically for photography is easy and if yours currently is not up to par its alomost equally easy to upgrade

scottcolbath

My solution was a one step process.

Go to the Apple store and buy a 27" iMac with tons of disk and memory.  ;D

It has no problem handling the large raw pics from the 5D and 7D.

S.C.

Scott Youmans

Good choice. Did the same thing and kept my PC to run CorelDraw.;) Doesn't run worth beans using Parallels.

BTW your recent postings regarding Jack Daniels have got me curious. Oddly enough I don't believe I've ever tried it.  And certainly not with Mexican Coke and premium ice cubes!
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

scottcolbath

Quote from: Scott Youmans on September 11, 2012, 05:17:27 PM
BTW your recent postings regarding Jack Daniels have got me curious. Oddly enough I don't believe I've ever tried it.  And certainly not with Mexican Coke and premium ice cubes!

I'll set you all up with cocktails at my place once I move back to Phoenix. My method makes for an excellent and unique taste, and it goes real well with a nice quality aged cheddar at room temprature.

I never touched the stuff (Jack) before moving to Wickenburg. I was a white russian/foo foo drink guy. It seems that Wickenburg is a whiskey town and I just fell into that groove.

S.C.