Chris Kennedy

I just noticed that this one has a missile on the wing tip.  :D
Chris Kennedy
Peoria, AZ

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrisk48/

Images posted may not be copied or reproduced without permission

Joe Copalman

"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

FelipeG

Is it possible to visit the ramp during non-fly-in days and just check in with the folks at IAR or something like that? I saw Chris' photo of N138FF/N126TG with no paint and I want to get a shot of it since I have no idea when the plane will be painted. I'm hitting the Copper Basin Railway tomorrow with some friends, and Coolidge shouldn't add too much time to the trip if we end up visiting the tracks around Florence as well.

BillOz

Felipe,

I'm sure if you drop in there, if there is someone there, they will likely let you take photos.
The problem may be that no one will be at IAR in Coolidge, as they have a more business location at Willy, and the people at the Airport operations may not be as open to you wandering around at IAR.

You might try calling IAR, and asking them if you can wander around their part of the Coolidge ramp.  That way, if someone says something to you out at Coolidge, at least you can say you talked to IAR and they said it would be alright.
Bill Osmun
www.afterburnerphoto.com       www.wideworldofaviation.com

Paul Dumm

Felipe, Copper Basin Railway hardly every moves. The only time I see them is when the NG are getting deployed. All so the tracks stop about 1/4 mile east of where they cross 79.
"You don't become a professional simply by earning certificates, adding ratings, or getting a paycheck for flying. Rather, professionalism is a mindset. It comes from having the attitude, the ethics, and the discipline to do the right thing — every time, all the time, regardless of who's watching."

FelipeG

Quote from: Paul Dumm on October 11, 2012, 01:08:22 PM
Felipe, Copper Basin Railway hardly every moves. The only time I see them is when the NG are getting deployed. All so the tracks stop about 1/4 mile east of where they cross 79.

Are you talking about them going to Florence or the operation as a whole? because everything we've read points to several daily trips (maybe 2 or 3, but that's a lot compared to most of the stuff around here) between the mines and Hayden/Winkleman and sometimes they make a trip to Florence (or I guess almost to Florence). Our plan is to mostly focus in that area, but in the end, if we go to Florence, or closer to where the UP Gila Sub is, Coolidge will be pretty close.

Bill, thanks for the info. Jack also sent me a message on Flickr with info, so I guess we'll see. Essentially at the most I'd be asking for permission to go photograph the C-130, and I assume my friends will probably want to check out the DC-7 and that will be it. Even if they give me only 5 minutes to do it that will do.

Rob Silliman

On Saturday, IAR was sanding the herc, and one of the guys working on it said they planned to fly it out (to send it for a fresh coat of paint) this week.  Its Thursday now, so it may not be there any more.

Quote from: FelipeG on October 11, 2012, 01:49:33 PM
Quote from: Paul Dumm on October 11, 2012, 01:08:22 PM

Bill, thanks for the info. Jack also sent me a message on Flickr with info, so I guess we'll see. Essentially at the most I'd be asking for permission to go photograph the C-130, and I assume my friends will probably want to check out the DC-7 and that will be it. Even if they give me only 5 minutes to do it that will do.

FelipeG

Quote from: Rob Silliman on October 11, 2012, 02:16:06 PM
On Saturday, IAR was sanding the herc, and one of the guys working on it said they planned to fly it out (to send it for a fresh coat of paint) this week.  Its Thursday now, so it may not be there any more.

Thanks for the heads-up on that. I hope that by some miracle the plane is still there. Nothing is showing up on the tracker for N119TG (the plane's new reg, not 126, which I thought was the new one), so assuming that they do file a flightplan, it hasn't left.

Jay Beckman

Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com
Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Chris Kennedy

Paint is still coming off.

About the same turnout today as last month.

(And the naked C-130 is still there.)
Chris Kennedy
Peoria, AZ

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrisk48/

Images posted may not be copied or reproduced without permission

FelipeG

Quote from: Chris Kennedy on November 03, 2012, 02:00:55 PM
(And the naked C-130 is still there.)

I should have woken up at 4 AM to go down there, instead of at almost 1 PM.

Bill

Beech Staggerwing NC44562 at 11-3 fly in.

Bill

Monster lift-off at the 11-3 fly in.