Coolidge Municipal Airport (P08)

Started by Joe Copalman, June 15, 2009, 08:57:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Copalman

Quote from: jslugman on March 08, 2011, 05:16:00 PM
I never wanted to be 4 places at once until this past weekend... great stuff Jay.

NCAA hoops ain't got nuthin' on our March Madness.  Insane, isn't it?
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Jay Beckman

First rule of flight instruction:
Never Let 'Em See You Sweat
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com
Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Jay Beckman

Had to look this one up...

VW-Powered Thatcher CX4 = Farfegflugen!
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com

Jay Beckman

Our Favorite Yak...

Coming...

...and going:
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com

Jay Beckman

Cats Always Land On Their Feet...
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com

Jeff D. Welker

The new old guy needs a little help  ;)

Is there a fly-n this Saturday at Coolidge? If yes, what time do you recommend getting there for best access and photos? Any suggestions on parking, where to stand, etc would be appreciated.

Thanks;

Jeff

PS - I'll be coming from Mesa. Should I go via Florence or down the Hunt Highway?
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Paul Dumm

Jeff, Any time after 0730 is best. If your comming down Hunt take it attaway, head south to 287, turn left and go about mile and a half to Valley Farms. GO south again to Kemilworth. Turm left to the airport road.
"You don't become a professional simply by earning certificates, adding ratings, or getting a paycheck for flying. Rather, professionalism is a mindset. It comes from having the attitude, the ethics, and the discipline to do the right thing — every time, all the time, regardless of who's watching."

Joe Copalman

Actually, you can take Attaway all the way through to Kenilworth.  Saves two turns and might be an easier route for a newbie.  I'd definitely recommend that route Jeff.  Take Ironwood to to Bella Vista to Hunt, then take Attaway south to Kenilworth, then a right at the sign that says "Airport."
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Jeff D. Welker

Quote from: Joe Copalman on March 30, 2011, 07:30:33 PM
Actually, you can take Attaway all the way through to Kenilworth.  Saves two turns and might be an easier route for a newbie.  I'd definitely recommend that route Jeff.  Take Ironwood to to Bella Vista to Hunt, then take Attaway south to Kenilworth, then a right at the sign that says "Airport."

I recently rezoned the 20-acres at the SE corner of Ironwood & Bella Vista for a client - I should know how to get there. Thanks for the help Joe & Paul.
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Paul Dumm

I just whanted jeff to see more of the "wonderful" town of Florence. Can not pass up that garbage dump.
"You don't become a professional simply by earning certificates, adding ratings, or getting a paycheck for flying. Rather, professionalism is a mindset. It comes from having the attitude, the ethics, and the discipline to do the right thing — every time, all the time, regardless of who's watching."

Jeff D. Welker

Quote from: Paul Dumm on March 30, 2011, 08:03:26 PM
I just whanted jeff to see more of the "wonderful" town of Florence. Can not pass up that garbage dump.

It took me nearly a year to rezone that property. I spent waaaaaay too much time in lovely downtown Florence dancing with the fine folks at Pinal County headquarters. As a side note, an architect I work with is leading the effort to fully restore the historic court house. If you ever want to photograph the inside (highly recommended), I would be happy to put you in touch with the right folks. Definitely a great structure worth a look see - both inside and out.
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Jeff D. Welker

Quote from: Jay Beckman on March 11, 2011, 02:25:31 AM
Cats Always Land On Their Feet...

Back to the primary intent of this thread - images. Great photo Jay. I love the lines of this plane. It reminds me of the Romeo Y Julieta Rothschilds cigars my grandfather used to smoke. Short, stubby and aggressive. I hope he visits Coolidge this Saturday.
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Chris Kennedy

This guy is either showing off his crosswind landing technique or he's aiming for one of us.

Chris Kennedy
Peoria, AZ

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrisk48/

Images posted may not be copied or reproduced without permission

Chris Kennedy

Another interesting landing technique. He's pointed about 30 degrees to the right of the runway heading at this point, in about a 20 degree bank.

Chris Kennedy
Peoria, AZ

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrisk48/

Images posted may not be copied or reproduced without permission

Paul Dumm